North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I simply can't post this stuff up fast enough... can someone go tell the McCain camp to take a lunch break for a day?

:lol:

Because the gaffes from the McCain campaign keep on rolling in…

McCain supporter Carly Fiorina, the former CEO of Hewlett Packard, seemed to veer off message for a moment on the McGraw Milhaven show on KTRS radio in St Louis, when she made the case that Sarah Palin may be qualified to run America - but certainly not to run her old company.

"Do you think she has the experience to run a major company like Hewlett Packard?" the host asked Fiorina.

"No, I don't," she replied.
Fiorina tried for the save by saying later that none of the candidates, McCain included, has the experience to run a major corporation. Which only added ammunition to the Obama campaign's relentless pounding of the message that McCain isn't the right man to run an economy in crisis:

"If John McCain's top economic advisor doesn't think he can run a corporation, how on Earth can he run the largest economy in the world in the midst of a financial crisis?

Apparently even the people who run his campaign agree that the economy is an issue John McCain doesn't understand as well as he should
."
Priceless.

·
Registered
7,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Of course.. as pointed out by a commenter to another blog...

She is McCain's top economic advisor, yet when you think about it, Carly didn't really have the experience to run HP, either, since she was FIRED!

Where is HP's stock at the moment?

:rollin:

Then again consider that if McCain is elected Pres, she will be on his staff... but I'm sure she's competent to give economic advice too... right?

:eek:

·
Administrator
19,880 Posts
McCain isn't the right man to run an economy in crisis:
Actually McCain is one of the senators that tried to put restrictions on the lending companies that we are now bailing out. It was the democrats and Clinton that got the government involved with making it easier for people to get loans. If you could stand up and walk into the bank you qualified for a house loan. They did it so poor people could have nicer homes and things would be "fair". More liberal crap got us into trouble and now they have the audacity to say McCain couldn't do a better job. He tried, they blew it.

It's just like the energy crisis. The liberals are the problem, but they blame it on the conservatives. It's never little Johnny's fault. It's just like these two little neighbor kids. One crapped his pants and tried to blame it on his little brother. Well the libs dumped in their nest and want the American people to believe the conservatives did it.

·
Administrator
19,880 Posts
I wash listening to Rush Limbaugh for about ten minutes today. As I turned it on he had a clip of Robert Reich (Clinton secretary of labor) and he slipped and told the truth. He said it was the democrats and Clinton that demanded of the lending companies that to be "fair" they had to make loans easier so poorer people could have better homes. He admitted that it was the beginning of the problems we see today.

Right from the horses mouth so to speak.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
he had a clip of Robert Reich (Clinton secretary of labor) and he slipped and told the truth. He said it was the democrats and Clinton that demanded of the lending companies that to be "fair" they had to make loans easier so poorer people could have better homes. He admitted that it was the beginning of the problems we see today.
When can we expect to see this reported on one of the major networks? :huh:

Or did I miss it? :eek:

·
Registered
845 Posts
Ryan ... are you under the "mis-impression" that the President of the United States runs the American Economy?

If so, you are more than a little bit out of your mind.

CONGRESS could and should do some things that would make the economy better ... then the President would have the opportunity so sign those bills in order to improve things.

Incase you were unaware ... GWB pressed for legislation way back in 2003 that would have created better oversight of Fanny Mae and Freddie Mac (better auditing of their Cash on hand to "risk" ratio). Charles Rangle said then that notions the system had problems were foolish and were only working to make it easier for the system to deny loans to folks at the lower end of the spectrum.

McCain followed that a couple of years later as nearly a single soldier in the Senate among the masses looking to secure the same problems.

Now folks want to look at the looming problems and assume they can simply say "It's Bush's problem" ...

How poorly informed we all are to listen to it and take it at face value.

This is a problem largely created by Liberals in Congress trying to secure the votes of their constituancy ... the so called poor and down trodden.

Or so it seems to me.

·
Registered
7,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ouch.

Another prime example of a McCain gaffe (and once again concerning Carly from HP) :lol: :

They just keep piling up for him. I see why he doesn't want to hold any press conferences.

"I ... I... Plead Ignorance Of, I mean I mean I'm Against Golden Parachutes"

Which is it Sen. McCain? Isn't it just a bit hypocritcal given your position, and a speech, and then TODAY (9.22.2008) claiming... "I... I do not know the details of what happened" You can almost see him wince and a quick flash of temper when she asks that pointed question. So then hours later on the very same morning, he says at a speech the VERY SAME CRAP he claimed to know NOTHING about! Hmm I wonder if this is a lie? Either that or he has severe Alzheimers to not remember something from 3 hours earlier.

Geeshhhh Sen McCain! Do you think everyone is that gullible to your doubletalk? We should trust you with our country with this kind of blatant stupidity?

Just curious?

Like I said, don't like my analysis? Just watch him open his own mouth and stick his foot in it. I just can't make this stuff up!

:thumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.