North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
USAlx50 said:
Nice Pics Todd. Looks like a fun trip. You guys get into any of the light geese?
We shot a few in the honker decoys (24) it was REALLY wet up there, got the wheeler and trailer buried Monday morning and had to give up a day of hunting to get the decoys cleaned up. And the ducks were few and far between, we had one decent duck shoot but that was about it. We shot plenty of honkers but it was definatly more challenging than normal due to the wet conditions. Most of the pictures of the snows were taken from the road. I wish I could have had the camera in the field more but it was just to muddy. I did get to hunt Bodey a couple of times on the trip, once on the duck shoot and a few days later by himself on a honker shoot in the morning, I was really happy with how he did he looked like a "trained Dog" . We went back to FT setups tonight and he never missed a beat. Maybe you can have both :D

How was your trip???

· Registered
5,180 Posts
BROWNDOG said:
USAlx50 said:
Nice Pics Todd. Looks like a fun trip. You guys get into any of the light geese?
We shot a few in the honker decoys (24) it was REALLY wet up there, got the wheeler and trailer buried Monday morning and had to give up a day of hunting to get the decoys cleaned up. And the ducks were few and far between, we had one decent duck shoot but that was about it. We shot plenty of honkers but it was definatly more challenging than normal due to the wet conditions. Most of the pictures of the snows were taken from the road. I wish I could have had the camera in the field more but it was just to muddy. I did get to hunt Bodey a couple of times on the trip, once on the duck shoot and a few days later by himself on a honker shoot in the morning, I was really happy with how he did he looked like a "trained Dog" . We went back to FT setups tonight and he never missed a beat. Maybe you can have both :D

How was your trip???
Thats awesome, i wondered if you took him out there. Nice and steady and everything? I know nothing drives rem more crazy then a big honk thudding on the ground.

Our trip was incredible. There were barely any canadas or ducks so we hunted a lot of white geese mixed with a few specks. Managed to get one good duck hunt in there. I posted a bunch of pictures on the baitpile on pg 642 if you're interested.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.