·
Registered
7,734 Posts
un.friggin. real.

quick go buy a lottery ticket!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Man I must be the unluckiest jewelry hunter ever, I bet we get a band every 800-1000 birds. We got one this weekend, but we weren't sure who shot it, we had birds coming in from every direction, and had to leave the expired alone for a little while. It had two types of bb's so we still don't know who harvested it. For me that will make 12 years of hunting with 0 bands. Hey Chris where are you banding again, lol.

·
Registered
74 Posts
WOW!!!!!! that in my opinion is a once in a lifetime hunt.....I have shot a few bands in my hunting days but never a tauris(sp) band. would give my left [email protected] to shoot a piece of plastic. I saw a neck band 2 years ago while hunting a field, was a yellow one, had our limit of canadas and was shooting some mallards. In it came with about 5-6 other geese @ 35 yards. talk about tempting!!!!!!! he flew away.... So my quest is still alive...Do they still neckband anymore? heard of a local gut here lastyear shooting a blue one, and I have drooled over a few in the bottoms refuge but could not shoot them or out of season. congrats on the hunt :beer:
hope there are many more hunts like it!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
I thought geese with plastic didn't leave the city limits? J/K :lol:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It was real close to getting ridiculous. We had 13 birds on the ground when a flock of 8 came in, we shot 2 and both were Tarsus banded. Had that flock came in earlier we could have gotten up to 8 Tarsus bands out of one flock, assuming they were all banded. Now that would have been insane.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.