North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not a big fan of hunting roosters in the rain, but that's what we are looking at for the weekend according to the latest forcasts...maybe even a lil snow in some areas...Get out the rain gear and bring your gun oil!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Yeah gun oil for sure!! All I can say is I've been waiting for awhile and am more excited than ever. I don't care what the conditions, I'm going to hit the field. I looked at the forcast and looks like it will be a tad chilly and rainy to as you said. But good luck everyone!! :beer:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Rain, snow, thunderstorm, tornado.......I don't care, I'll be out chasing roosters. 8)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Rain? Just watching WDAZ weather this morning. Now they are talking winter storm watch in the SW corner. 5-10 inches of snow. Guess I have to take my snowshoes with this weekend. Weather is just a hinderance not a stopper.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I'll get to test my new allegedly water-proof brush pants, and I'm glad I replaced my leaky boots. Nothing worse than wet feet! Last year opening weekend stunk too, but the birds are usually pretty dumb. I don't plan on being out really long.

·
Super Moderator
8,488 Posts
Hunting won't be the problem.....getting out there will be the porblem. :eyeroll:

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Winter Storm watches posted for SW ND! Looks like a mess! I think I would rather have the snow than the rain.

·
Super Moderator
8,488 Posts
Looks like the further west,the more snow.Warmer to the east and lots of rain.

·
Registered
38 Posts
look on the bright side everybody...this just means that there won't be as many people out there to compete with!!

·
Super Moderator
8,488 Posts
Prairie roads will be impassable.At least we won't be hunting waterfowl and carrying decoys out into a field. :D

·
Super Moderator
8,488 Posts
bowhunter04 said:
At least we won't be hunting waterfowl and carrying decoys out into a field.
Speak for yourself. :wink: We'll be hitting up the waterfowl in the morning and chasing roosters in the afternoon. It's going to be a pain in the butt walking everything into the field.
I am speaking for myself......we means my group. :wink:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts