North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
8) Hope you all don't mind a couple of guys from florida coming up there the end of Oct to do some bird and duck hunting...........

Does anydoby have any experience in Lone Tree WMA, would really like to hear from somebody that has hunted there before and where would be a sheltered place to camp.

I love North Dakota and plan on moving up there as soon as last boy graduates. Two years i hope.

I hear all the compaints about NRs and don't blame any of you....we have the same thing down here in the winter with the fishing and hunting. The lake i grew up on in Florida was fantastic for specks (crappies) well the lake is surrounded by Travel Trailer and Mobile Home Parks now and fishing is a thing of the past. Hunting unless you are rich is a thing of the past-oh yea we have WMAs rule books as thick as bibles-drawings to see who can hunt when and where. We had great quail back in the 60s but thats gone to. Land owners will not let you on there land because they say if you hurt yourself they will be in a law suit. Its really a bunch of BS hope you great state never gets that way........Kindess and Best regards to all
Dale R Willard

·
Registered
219 Posts
I hunted Lonetree for the past 2 deer seasons. The places to hunt are endless. There is so much public land open to hunting. The upland bird hunting should be alright. We see alot of grouse and pheasants, the pheasant hunting isnt going to be like it is in the south west part of the state but you should manage to bag a few a day. Usually see more grouse than pheasant though. Lonetree has tons of food plots and shelter belts. From what I have seen they cycle corn and sunflowers in their fields. Coal Mine Lake is on the refuge and has a really nice place to camp with trees to the north and west and the lake shore to the south. It does have a restroom right there too. As far as ducks there isnt a lot of sloughs or water besides the lake on the land. If you go a little southwest you will get into more potholes and birds

1 - 2 of 2 Posts