North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Love this site and figured I would try to get an answer to a dilema I am facing. I am a MN boy who loves to come up to the Michigan area with my lab and do a couple of solid days of duck slaying. I tell you what, for the life of me I can not find any lodging that is not booked up for each weekend in the month of October. Does anyone know any farmers or locals that rent out a trailer? etc..?? I don't feel like sleeping in my truck, but it would be worth it if I had to.

Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Im thinking you are **** out of luck man. That is a really hard area to get rooms in for the month of Oct, some of the hotels are books a year in advance. Maybe bring a buddy's camper and stay in some campground by the shores of DL?

·
Registered
791 Posts
I would just book rooms in GF, then call every week and hope for a cancellation.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I spent 10 years driving back & forth every weekend from GF - even farther than Michigan - but that was over 10 years ago

Michigan is about 1/2 way between DL & GF - only difference would be the drive & scouting would be better between DL & Michigan

Try the Trails West in DL & tell Barb the Manager Fetch sent you 1-800-453-5011 during the day

1 - 6 of 6 Posts