North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Went fishing up there quite a bit years past and saw a ton of divers. I've never heard of anyone hunting it, though. You'd have to drive a ways to find an area away from cabins. But that would be a pretty hunt. I love the north country! :beer:

·
Registered
32 Posts
I used to hunt there and leech for big water divers, last 7 years have been going to lake of the woods and have much better luck, but you have to be ready for rough water, it can be a real sob (weve been hunting in 8' swells or at least crossing the lake in that 4 of the 8 years). I use a 21' triton frontier (simalar to 20' lund alaskan) and works well but used to use 17' and was a little hairy loaded with dekes, guns, dogs,etc. I love big water hunting, but you need to be ready for some rought water, just my 2 cents, thanks, Matt

pm me if you want more info, I'd rather have people know what they need and where to go, on those big lakes in the fall with the north winds it can be deadly, thanks, Matt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.