North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just was re-reading the proc for the ND furbearers regulations and noticed that this year it states that you cant use a spotlight with a 6v powersource, only flashlights.

I called them last year when I purchased a primos scope mounted spotlight, and they told me that it was perfectly fine as long as the power source was 6v or less.

any one have any info on this? Ill be calling asap to find out as well.

Thanks

Dave

·
Premium Member
3,978 Posts
I would like some clarification on that too. I have read the 6V thing like you talked about. So is that 4 D batteries (1.5 volts each), or can you use that light you are talking about with the 6V battery that clips on your scope?

Some clarification would be nice. The rules are kind of vague in that proclamation.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I spoke with a woman in the enforcement division today. I asked her if the scope mounted lights, such as the nightblaster etc were legal to hunt with. She said that they were, as long as the power supply was no larger than a 6v.

I really didnt feel comfortable with the answer considering the term spotlight was used in the regulations and this thing does look like a spotlight, so I asked her to clarify what the definition of spotlight was,

" the kind that you hold in your hand or mount on a vehicle"

Just to be on the safe side I wrote down her name the date and the time that I had spoke to her, Just in case one of the officers has a different definiton.

It may not be a bad Idea for someone else to call and see if they get the same definitions.
:wink:
Dave

·
Premium Member
3,978 Posts
Dave

If you could PM me the info of where you called, etc. I think I may make a call too and get some questions answered. If you can use a light like you mentioned this is a purchase I might want to make to rid my grandmas of some *****.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.