North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,737 Posts
Havent tried that blind but what you should do is go to a couple stores and true out the blinds. I love the ghg ground force and my other hunting partner loves his xlander

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I looked at them all and went with the X-Terminator. Been using them for several seasons now.

It's one of the least costly full frame blinds, and one of it's several features that I like is that it doesn't have a side frame & the doors fold all the way to the ground.

This means no bending or wrecking the frame by grabbing it & trying to support your weight when getting in & out.

It folds in half flat, so it's easy to store/transport & takes up minimal room, and sets up/breaks down in about 20 seconds...

Folding in half flat is a huge feature, just ask anyone who has a blind that doesn't! Using an eye bolt/bungee cord system, I can store/transport 4 folded X-Terminators on the walls of my 5x10 trailer, allowing max room for decoys...

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have two blinds. A power hunter and a FA SUB. The SUB is nice but a pane to blind in. The power hunter is good because it is so low pro. But not as comfortable. But like blhunter3 said go try them all out and see what one fits you. And remember that you will be spending alot of time in it so it better be comfortable.

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
mreisch said:
has anyone ever used a hunter specialties HITMAN layout blind? If not which blind would you recommend. Thank you any help you all can offer.
I think the Hitman blinds seem sweet. They aren't very high profile but are wide enough to leave plenty of room. The frame also supports the footbag so your feet aren't going to be getting caught up in it all the time and knocking the stubble around. The only reason I haven't bought one yet is they dont really have any mesh to cover up your face, which would make it tougher to conceal movement and shiney calls when you're calling.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
USAlx50 said:
The scheels blinds dont fold up? Didn't know that, not cool at all.
The guy at scheels came over to us while me and my older cousin and uncle were looking at em, my uncle and cousin were about to buy one and the guy was saying what was cool about them then he was like BUT they don't fold up. Well that pretty much ended that deal, even with a trailer have 2-4 blinds in it folded takes up alot of room. But if you got room get one. Maybe someone can confirm that?

·
Registered
136 Posts
they do fold flat and the bottom third of folds toward the head. so it will det a little smaller. my buddy bought one and i think its sweet. not to metion that for $180 you get a blind falg and hat. i was a little jealous of him. haha

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
I just picked up one of the Scheels blinds and used it for the first time this weekend. I am pretty happy with it for the most part. I'm not sure it would be comfortable for someone 200# + but thats not MY problem. It is a bit big (folded) to carry any distance without dragging it on the ground. I had a bit of problem pining the braces in in the dark so I drilled out and tapered the holes (brace only) a bit which helped.

A lot better than laying on the ground under burlap which I have been doing for the last 30 years.

It would be nice to see them put another mesh pouch and maybe some D rings on the inside to stash more stuff off the floor. I'll be adding a few personal touches to mine

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Myles J Flaten said:
I know the old scheels blinds folded up flat but still take up alot of room. Besides that its ok. Doesn't quite fold up like a finisher or GF though.
Its basically a finisher, thats why I was surprised someone was saying they didn't fold up. In the past the scheels blinds were FA SUB's.

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
USAlx50 said:
Myles J Flaten said:
I know the old scheels blinds folded up flat but still take up alot of room. Besides that its ok. Doesn't quite fold up like a finisher or GF though.
Its basically a finisher, thats why I was surprised someone was saying they didn't fold up. In the past the scheels blinds were FA SUB's.
Actually they are a bit different than a finisher. They fold up similar to a SUB.

I still haven't figured out what they are exactly.

They look like a GF/Finisher/FA SUB..hybrid.

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Sounds neat, I didn't look that close but I just figured it was like a finisher with a different head rest system. Doesn't rogers have something simular to the scheels one? I'm assuming avery makes them both.

Would have bought one if I didn't already have enough standard blinds... I'm thinking more and more a powerhunter or eliminator express is in order soon since birds seem to be bothered more and more by blinds.

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
dblkluk said:
USAlx50 said:
Myles J Flaten said:
Actually they are a bit different than a finisher. They fold up similar to a SUB.

I still haven't figured out what they are exactly.

They look like a GF/Finisher/FA SUB..hybrid.
That is exactly what I was told today Eric. They were having problems with the SUB, too many strap/buckle breakages. These look pretty good to me.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I use the Foiles Eliminater pro guide series. Advantages, it's roomy (enough for my shorthair to get in at my feet), plenty of stubble straps, comfortable and light. Cons, it doesn't fold up well (only about a third of the bottom can be folded), they don't offer any type of carry bag, strap, or snow cover, set up isn't as easy as the finisher blinds, and it is a taller profile than I would have liked. Although I am satisfied, I think I would have purchased a different blind if I had more of an opportunity to check them out, already put together. Like many have said before, get into a store to see them before you make a decision.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts