North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rashid KhalidiWho Am I?
"In The 1970s, When Khalidi Taught At A University In Beirut, He Often Spoke To Reporters On Behalf Of Yasser Arafat's Palestine Liberation Organization." (Peter Wallsten, "Allies Of Palestinians See A Friend In Obama," Los Angeles Times, 4/10/08]

"In The Early 1990s, He Advised The Palestinian Delegation During Peace Negotiations." (Peter Wallsten, "Allies Of Palestinians See A Friend In Obama," Los Angeles Times, 4/10/08]

"Khalidi Now Occupies A Prestigious Professorship Of Arab Studies At Columbia." (Peter Wallsten, "Allies Of Palestinians See A Friend In Obama," Los Angeles Times, 4/10/08]

"[M]any Of Khalidi's Opinions Are Troubling To Pro-Israel Activists, Such As His Defense Of Palestinians' Right To Resist Israeli Occupation And His Critique Of U.S. Policy As Biased Toward Israel." (Peter Wallsten, "Allies Of Palestinians See A Friend In Obama," Los Angeles Times, 4/10/08]
Facts About Me and Barack

"While Teaching At The University Of Chicago, Khalidi And His Wife Lived In The Hyde Park Neighborhood Near The Obamas. The Families Became Friends And Dinner Companions." (Peter Wallsten, "Allies Of Palestinians See A Friend In Obama," Los Angeles Times, 4/10/08]

"The Woods Fund In 2001 Gave A $40,000 Grant To The Arab American Action Network (AAAN), A Group Co-Founded By Anti-Israel Columbia University Professor Rhashid Khalidi. The Fund Gave AAAN A Second Grant Of $35,000 In 2002." (Editorial, "Obama's Terror Ties," Investor's Business Daily, 4/15/08]

At The Time Of The Grants, Khalidi's Wife, Mona Khalidi, Directed The Arab American Action Network. (Christopher Wills, "People Who Might Complicate Obama's Campaign," The Associated Press, 6/5/08]

Obama Offered A Testimonial At Khalidi's 2003 Farewell Dinner; Other Individuals Giving Testimonials On Khalidi Included William Ayers And Bernadine Dohrn. (Sol Stern and Fred Siegel, "Mideast Parley Takes Ugly Turn At Columbia U.," The New York Sun, 2/4/05]

"Though Khalidi Has Seen Little Of Sen. Obama In Recent Years, Michelle Obama Attended A Party Several Months Ago Celebrating The Marriage Of The Khalidis' Daughter." (Peter Wallsten, "Allies Of Palestinians See A Friend In Obama," Los Angeles Times, 4/10/08]

My Donations and Bundling for Barack
"In 2000, The Khalidis Held A Fund-Raiser For Mr. Obama During His Congressional Campaign. Both Mr. Khalidi And Mr. Abunimah, Of The Electronic Intifada, Said Mr. Obama Had Spoken At The Fund-Raiser And Had Called For The United States To Adopt A More 'Evenhanded Approach' To The Palestinian-Israel Conflict." (Jo Becker and Christopher Drew, "Pragmatic Politics, Forged On The South Side," The New York Times, 5/11/08]

What Barack Says About Me
"His Many Talks With The Khalidis, Obama Said, Had Been 'Consistent Reminders To Me Of My Own Blind Spots And My Own Biases…'" (Peter Wallsten, "Allies Of Palestinians See A Friend In Obama," Los Angeles Times, 4/10/08]
If you sleep with dogs, you get fleas.

Yup, I know.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Shame on Obama for knowing a guy that a committee chaired by McCain gave half a million dollars to in the 90's!

·
Registered
7,734 Posts
omegax said:
Shame on Obama for knowing a guy that a committee chaired by McCain gave half a million dollars to in the 90's!
The shame!

Omegax I bet these guys don't even realize that little ditty... :lol:

4 days to go, and his campaign and its minions are still grasping at straws like this, when in reality, McCain could have the very same argument made against himself.

Talk about an association! He GAVE $$$$$ to the guy! a LOT of $$$$

:rollin:

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Talk about an association! He GAVE $$$$$ to the guy! a LOT of $$$$
So if it's no big deal why are they hiding it?

Since 2003, the Joyce Foundation has paid grants totaling over $12 million to gun control organizations

The Joyce Foundation's Annual Reports list Barack Obama as one of the 12 members of the Board of Directors from 1998 until 2001
Bad for McCain but okay for Obama??

:eyeroll:

·
Premium Member
6,676 Posts
Liberalism can never stand the light of day so they hide it.

You can just imagine if McCain was on the tape hob nobbing with anti american terroists, it would be played on every newscast everyday.

·
Registered
637 Posts
McCain does hang around with anti-American terrorists! G. Gordon Liddy is not exactly the paragon of integrity. The dude wanted to firebomb the Brookings Institute, and kidnap war protesters! He also said that listening to Hitler speeches "made me feel a strength inside I had never known before"

I don't care about Liddy. My point is that guilt by association is desperate and it's BS.

·
Administrator
19,688 Posts
omegax said:
I heard on the news last night that this was all rumor. Any way to find out? I'm curious.

·
Premium Member
6,676 Posts
omegax said:
McCain does hang around with anti-American terrorists! G. Gordon Liddy is not exactly the paragon of integrity. The dude wanted to firebomb the Brookings Institute, and kidnap war protesters! He also said that listening to Hitler speeches "made me feel a strength inside I had never known before"

I don't care about Liddy. My point is that guilt by association is desperate and it's BS.
The Hitler comment is out of context and not representative of Giddys views as an adult. Giddy is a nutcase but the big difference is he was sent to prison for his involvement, Ayers never served a day for murdering people. Giddy talked about murdering people, Ayers did it.

association is definitetly always a legitimate consideration of ones character

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
G. Gordon Liddy is not exactly the paragon of integrity. The dude wanted to firebomb the Brookings Institute, and kidnap war protesters! He also said that listening to Hitler speeches "made me feel a strength inside I had never known before"
ABCNews has a copy of IRI's 1998 tax return showing them giving $448,873 to the Center for Palestine Research and Studies:
Thank you!

You have proven my point, items from the right get printed and distributed.

Items from the left get hidden.

Again, it there is nothing to it, why doesn't the LA Times release it??

·
Registered
637 Posts
That does nothing of the kind! The IRI's tax return is public record. It's a silly comparison.

The tape isn't being released because it was given to them on the condition that they not release it. You can't run around stabbing sources in the back and expect to get more.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The tape isn't being released because it was given to them on the condition that they not release it. You can't run around stabbing sources in the back and expect to get more.
Bull doo doo! The papers do it all the time and if it was so risky, why did they even bring it up in the first place.

Their possession of the tape wasn't a lucky guess, they had a story on it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts