North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to put a fair amount of moisture into my calls when I blow them and then they kind of gum up after awhile. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to keep them dry during the hunt or how to dry them out once the hunt is over?

·
Registered
745 Posts
When blowing your calls....dont use somuch spit...if your trying the "spit" not, dont literally spit into your calls :wink:

When you get home take them apart and lay them by an open window or a fan...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Here are a few tips I have learned over the years.

A. Keep a dollar bill in something you take to the field everytime you go. (Shell Box)

* I use this to clean things that get into the call between the wedge and the reed. This is done without having to disassmble the call. Great for when you are in the heat of flight and you do not want to be disassembling your call.

B. Keep the call warm and ready to call.

* I make sure that when I am in the field I keep a good flow of hot air. (I am full of it) I just exhale through the call from one end then the other. I find this keeps my calls from getting frozen up.

C. Tap the excess moisture from the call.

* I will also tap the excess moisture from the call regularly. I tap the call against my thigh assisting the moisture out of the call. I do this on one end then I will do the other. Again. another method to keeping the call together in the field and working.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
cm3geese said:
Here are a few tips I have learned over the years.

A. Keep a dollar bill in something you take to the field everytime you go. (Shell Box)

* I use this to clean things that get into the call between the wedge and the reed. This is done without having to disassmble the call. Great for when you are in the heat of flight and you do not want to be disassembling your call.

B. Keep the call warm and ready to call.

* I make sure that when I am in the field I keep a good flow of hot air. (I am full of it) I just exhale through the call from one end then the other. I find this keeps my calls from getting frozen up.

C. Tap the excess moisture from the call.

* I will also tap the excess moisture from the call regularly. I tap the call against my thigh assisting the moisture out of the call. I do this on one end then I will do the other. Again. another method to keeping the call together in the field and working.

Hope this helps.
I find a $50 works better. :wink:

I agree with all of the above, less spit always helps too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts