North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from central Sask last night. Hunted for 4 days, had good shoots every day. Quite a few local Canadas, very few ducks and snows just starting to show up in mass.
I would guess less than 25% of the grains are harvested, swaths laying down all over. The farmers are at least 2 weeks behind a normal year. As usual, the farmers were wonderful. The only fields they didn't want us to hunt were the few that were completely harvested as they wanted to leave the birds in those so that they wouldn't move to swaths. Most of the time it didn't matter though as we just found different birds.
Border crossings went very well, 5 minutes each way.
Gas however, jumped to 1.45 per liter on Saturday, ouch!
My 10 month old Lab got a crash course last week. By Saturday mornings hunt, she looked like a whole new dog compared to Wednesday. Excellent trip as usual, can't wait to go back in a month or so.
Brady Ness

·
Registered
63 Posts
the reason I asked was because my parents farm in central saskatchewan and that is where i do all my goose hunting. Maybe I will see you there in Oct. You said west of Winnipeg right? I know where that is.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.