North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to tell all of you to be extra careful when you are out scouting and driving around the country side this fall. With the fall harvest on there is farm machinery and grain trucks on the roads. Be careful you won't win.

Also be careful not to drive fast on the gravel it is very loose in many areas since it has been so dry. This past Saturday Goosebuster and I came up on a young man who had just rolled his care into the ditch about 30 seconds before we got there. He was not hurt by some miracle. He kept looking around. I got a little freaked :eek: because I though he was looking for someone else. Luckily he was alone.

He said he didn't have his seat belt on and his windows were open when I walked out to see if he was ok. He said he went in the ditch at about 60mph. He didn't have a scratch on him and I'm not really sure how. He also had a tiny little black lab puppy with him that didn't get hurt either. He was a little shaken but physically just fine.

So please be careful this fall.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I had some trouble this past weekend, on corners that were wash boarded & dry & loose gravel - I can see how easy it would be to lose control. Good reminder !!! Especially if your like most of us that see everything but the road while scouting :roll: Never had a accident in all my years of gravel roads (knock on wood) :idiot:

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
One more thought is to be aware of the fire danger that is growing with each and every day. I want to remind those that smoke not to throw your butts out the window. If you must smoke please respect the people that you put in danger each and every time you flip one out.

Show courtesy to the farmers pull over and let them pass it is much easier for you to get on an approach or shoulder than it is a combine or truck loaded with grain. Who knows the driver may be the landowner who's door you knock on this fall, I have known a few people to get there butt chewed and then be told NO! for just this reason.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts