North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
19,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Isn't it funny that when a man asks a question of a fellow that may be the leader of this nation the media goes nuts trying to discredit the man who asks the question. We have even seen on this form petty things to put ole Joe in poor light. Attacked viciously for asking a simple question. :eyeroll:

"It actually upsets me," Mr. Wurzelbacher said. "I am a plumber, and just a plumber, and here Barack Obama or John McCain, I mean these guys are going to deal with some serious issues coming up shortly. The media's worried about whether I paid my taxes, they're worried about any number of silly things that have nothing to do with America. They really don't. I asked a question. When you can't ask a question to your leaders anymore, that gets scary. That bothers me."

·
Registered
3,556 Posts
it should bother you Joe, these jerks really don't care about you and me. it is all a sham, running for election and telling you what you want to hear or better yet, talking around the question with no answer to it...typical lawyer stunt, typical politician stunt.

·
Registered
7,734 Posts
Plainsman said:
Isn't it funny that when a man asks a question of a fellow that may be the leader of this nation the media goes nuts trying to discredit the man who asks the question. We have even seen on this form petty things to put ole Joe in poor light. Attacked viciously for asking a simple question. :eyeroll:

"It actually upsets me," Mr. Wurzelbacher said. "I am a plumber, and just a plumber, and here Barack Obama or John McCain, I mean these guys are going to deal with some serious issues coming up shortly. The media's worried about whether I paid my taxes, they're worried about any number of silly things that have nothing to do with America. They really don't. I asked a question. When you can't ask a question to your leaders anymore, that gets scary. That bothers me."
I sure hope you are holding the Republican Party accountable for all of this guys.

It was the McCain ticket who insisted on using his name and example dozens of times in a Presidential debate. I wonder if they got his permission first?

Seems to me like they are the ones who should be ashamed of keeping a man's private life private no?

There would have been no scrutiny of his tax records and the rest of his "story" if John McCain wouldn't have tried to go out and recruit him as a posterboy. If he would have said "No thanks.", the media would have moved on, and the McCain camp (maybe) would have moved on.

However, as soon as he accepted interviews, and fame, and solicitations from the McCain camp, his story and it's "truth" needed to be determined. You can't expect someone to make a claim, and then have one Party hold that person up as an example, and not have the press review the example being given.

You all should know better...

It's getting thick and smelly in this forum...

The fact that "Plumber Joe" and many here can't see the truth in that, is exactly why we have a dumbed down America who doesn't understand many things. It's only "free speech, and freedom of the press" until it steps on my private rights...

Right?

Joe had the right to challenge his leaders running for office. He had a right to free speech. Good on him for having the kahunas for seizing the moment and asking a question right to the horse's mouth. What an opportunity! Would you be able to seize that moment and ask your burning question with all the cameras on you?

Joe you could have simply faded into history as a tiny footnote. Instead of turning down further subsequent offers for an interview, you seized your 15 minutes of fame, held a press conference or 5, and agreed to take your story and let the Republican ticket "run" with it. That was foolish of you. You knew that you were embellishing your story. You knew you weren't all those things you so desperately wished you were. Every single thing you held yourself out to be it was found you were stretching the truth at best, and outright lying at worst. You should take this lesson and learn from it. Reality bit you in the *** hard. Trying to look "cool" in front of the media was not the smartest move. Your political Party is now going to learn the lessons of that themselves.

Joe if you need to determine who you should be holding accountable for the media making you look foolish, you might be part of the problem that doesn't understand where the source of the root troubles of this country lie.

Personal accountability Joe. Think about it.

Give it a try yourself.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Shouldn't your Messiah at least answer his question?

·
Administrator
19,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I sure hope you are holding the Republican Party accountable for all of this guys.
You bet I do the dogs can have them. Can you do the same with the garbage in the democrat party. I would only have to dump 50% of them while you dump 90%. Also, Ryan it would have to be something substantial not the run of the mill petty stuff you post. I don't care if Palin dyes her hair, or what brand condoms Barney and his boyfriend use.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts