North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a small creek full of crawfish. I can get all I want for bait,but they go belly up before I get to use them. how can I keep them alive for any length of time at all? I've tried keeping them in a bucket of water and even just enough water to keep them wet.Same result crawfish stew!!

·
Registered
475 Posts
Only cover them about 3/4ths of the way with water. It should be changed daily if not twice daily. It doesn't hurt to put a litlle ice in with them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks alot. definitly will give it a try.tired of having boiled crayfish when i get to the lake.

·
Administrator
2,851 Posts
Not too many and a little ice will keep them cool.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Don't cover them with water, they will drown. It's best to put them in something with no water and keep a wet towel on top of them. You can put ice on them as well, just make sure the water stays drained out.

·
Registered
21 Posts
just make sure they don't get too hot. they need some water...just enough for their bellys to touch the water. just keep them cool and they will be fine for awhile.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Put them in a burlap sack. throw in a couple handfuls of grass. wet sack soaking wet. place in shade. keep sack wet. will stay for days.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts