North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to add movement to my spread. I have considered the quiver magnets, quiver ducks, and quiver butts. But after hearing negative things about these products, I am strongly considering a jerk string. I am looking for opinions of jerk rigs and people experiences using them.

·
Registered
17 Posts
You can do a home made one really easy. Get a stake...use this for your anchor. Then get a bungee and attach it to the stake...this will be your action. Attach some cord to the bungee and attack your decoys to the cord. Run the appropriate length to where you blind is and you are good to go.

Cheapest jerk string out there..and has always worked for me.

Last year I did upgade to a Mallard Machine. It really helped on those late season mallards. Lots of motion and water movement.

·
Registered
194 Posts
You're going the right way with a jerk string, they really do add a lot of movement in the spread and the birds love them. I use the rig em' right rig also and so far it has been doing a real good job.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.