North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
7,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Jan. 6 committee condemns Trump as 'central cause' of insurrection in sweeping report (msn.com)

Read this article.

Here is my take on this.

They are going after Trump with 4 charges.

1. Obstruction of an Official Proceeding.
2. Conspiracy to Defraud the US Gov.
3. Conspiracy to make False Statement
4. Insurrection.

Then there are charges against one of his lawyers: John Eastman. Who drew up a plan for Trump to "remain in power".

Then they also are going to name 4 congress people who are going to be brought up on Ethics Violations. Those are thought to be Mc Carthy, Briggs, Jordan, and Perry.

So now lets break this down a little the 4 charges.

1. Obstruction.... Well he didn't follow thru with the subpoenas. He delayed doing things. ETC. We already knew this one.

2. Conspiracy to "defraud the US Gov... How? What was this? This is stuff needed to know or need evidence that is AIR TIGHT to follow thru with this. It states he had a lawyer "draw up a plan to stay in power".... well how far did he go with this plan? Was the lawyer directed by Trump to formulate this plan or did the lawyer think of it on his own and the brought it to Trump? This is stuff we need to know.

3. Conspiracy to make "false Statement"..... so again does this fall more on his lawyers representing him or on Trump himself? You cant go by what he said on Twitter or in speeches. It has to be what he was doing under oath. Evidence is needed.

4. Insurrection.... HARD TO PROVE. Still waiting on evidence. They want this charge so then the invoke the 14th Amendment.

So again. Nothing really new or shocking as of yet. BUT THE FULL REPORT HASNT BEEN PUBLISHED YET.

Lets all remember this is just this panel passing along INFORMATION to the DOJ so they can keep doing its investigation. These are the exact same things they have been talking about since the beginning. This isn't a "got him" just yet. It honestly could be a "got him" but we dont know. The issue I have is they are going after a Lawyer or one of his Lawyers. Which shows me that he might have been "recommending" Trump to do something shady. Which again... who is the "mastermind" behind it. Trump or the lawyer...was the lawyer acting on direction of TRUMP or was the lawyer ADVISING Trump to do something shady? That is the evidence we need to find out. Again this could be a nothing burger or it could be the foundation to what the DOJ will find out OR charge Trump with. If you read closely they say multiple times.... DOJ NEEDS TO KEEP INVESTIGATING... or need more findings.

A quote from Raskins and the article....

"[Trump] entered into agreements, formal and informal, with several other individuals who assisted with his criminal objectives," Raskin said during the meeting. "That said, the subcommittee does not attempt to determine all of the potential participants in this conspiracy, as our understanding of the role of many individuals may be incomplete because they refused to answer our questions."
"We trust that the Department of Justice will be able to form a more complete picture through its investigation," Raskin said.
The committee has been debating the referrals for months, according to sources, though they have been viewed as largely symbolic. The Department of Justice is not obligated to act on these referrals, and it has been conducting its own investigation into the events of Jan. 6.
So, what were the FORMAL agreements? Contracts? Recordings saying YOU GO DO THIS?
Informal is a vague term. So, what exactly was the "informal"... is why we need more evidence. INFORMAL is very hard to prosecute. Were people doing things unbeknownst to Trump?

We need the full report! What I am getting from most of this is that some of the lawyers around Trump were doing some shady stuff. Again, were they directly ordered to do this stuff by TRUMP or were they doing this on their own?

For example, one witness told the committee "About her decision to terminate a lawyer who was receiving payments for the representation from a group allied with President Trump," according to the summary. The lawyer, the summary said, had instructed the client "about a particular issue that would cast a bad light on President Trump, saying: "No, no, no, no, no. We don't want to go there. We don't want to talk about that."
The lawyer also shared the witness's testimony with other lawyers and the press over her objection, the summary said.
So again... this isn't the END OF TRUMP like they wanted it to be.... as of now. We need the report and what the DOJ finds in its ongoing investigation. We need to have the evidence that directly comes from Trump or is directly linked to Trump. The "formal and informal" thing will be a big deal. Otherwise, it isn't the "smoking" gun they think it is. When it states the committee has been debating referrals for MONTHS... shows you things are not as "concrete" as they wish or people think it is. If the evidence was CONCRETE they wouldn't have been "debating" this. It would have been RECOMMEND ASAP.

But again... still waiting to see what the report is and if anything is "NEW" evidence. What has been "new" so far is the stuff by the lawyers and the charge against Eastman. So again... time will tell if the DOJ comes with something new or will the report be anything new.

· Administrator
20,078 Posts
They have zero. Simply statements for the mentally challenged to parrot.
Your number three (conspiracy to make false statements) is rich coming from the democrats. I think Russia Russia Russia was an attempt to overthrow the American gov using false statements.

· Registered
7,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Plainsman.... 100% correct. That is why we need to see exactly what they are talking about. We need to see the evidence.

Here is the sad thing that happened with the committee.... they didn't let anyone really come in to testify in "defense" of anything. Yes I know people ignored subpoenas and what not. But they also didn't do the due diligence of finding all the facts out. They came at it one sided and that is it.

Again that is why we need to see the evidence. It is also why it needs to go to court. But like I have been saying all along is that they must not have much concrete evidence against TRUMP otherwise he would have been brought up on charges long ago. But again time will tell.

· Registered
7,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
So just read something online. Again I know it was ONLINE... so I am not saying this is 100% true or not. But something to keep an eye on and to keep in mind as well.

But it said that they are sealing the J6 records for 20 years. Now is this the meeting notes, committee notes, etc.

Also let this sink in as well. Pelosi never testified, Epps never testified, Trump wasn't allowed a legal challenge or defense, etc.

Again... Dont know if this is true or not. But things to look out for or actually find out if this is true or not.

Also if this is TRUE... that means that none of the evidence can go to the DOJ for its investigation. It means that this "referral" is a sham. Or am I mistaken... which could be the case. But I thought that if the records are "sealed" then they cant be used in other investigations or trials. So again this whole committee thing was a sham, character assassination, etc. It shows they dont have the evidence like I stated.

BTW.... it has come out that the Rep. side of this "investigation" has found emails from Pelosi and DC officials saying they didn't want police or national guard help on jan 6th because they didnt want it to look "bad" type thing.

House GOP locates emails, texts showing Pelosi office directly involved in failed Jan. 6 security | Just The News

Again what happened that day was bad... i never said rioting, and what not is a good thing. But there is more to the story than what this committee is saying or letting known to the public. Just like my observations in this thread.

· Administrator
20,078 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts