North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
19,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would bet we have less than a year before the Mideast blows up with an attack on Iran. Think about it. If a nation just as powerful as us said they were going to remove us from the face of the earth, and would have nuclear capability very soon what would you do? Well, that is what Israel will do and soon. If it happens before the election Obama will not stand a chance against McCain. If it happens after the election and Obama has won Israel will have no help. So if you were Israel when would you bomb Iran?

All Sections Bet on Israel bombing Iran
By Robert Baer

Saturday, September 27th 2008, 6:45 PM

Are we going to have an October surprise, an attack on Iran by either the Bush administration or by Israel to stop the regime from becoming a nuclear power?

It could happen - and alter the dynamics of the presidential race in the blink of an eye - but only if Israel pulls the trigger. Don't expect the United States to drop bombs anytime soon. The reason: Iran has us over a barrel.

According to Britain's Guardian newspaper, Bush earlier this year nixed an Israeli plan to attack Iran's nuclear facilities. Reportedly, the President said no because we couldn't afford Iranian retaliation against our troops in Iraq and Afghanistan or Iran closing down Persian Gulf shipping. Nonetheless, cynical speculation is now swirling in some quarters that with the financial collapse working against McCain - and Bush's legacy coming into focus - the President might reconsider. Could that tail really wag the dog?

Probably not. The fundamental global power dynamics have not changed. Iran has successfully blackmailed us. Iranian Silkworm missiles could close down Gulf oil exports in a matter of minutes, taking about 17 million barrels a day of oil off world markets. Americans could suddenly be looking at the prospect of $10-$12 for a gallon of gas. If the collapse of Wall Street doesn't push us into a depression, that would. And Bush is right: An angered Iran could punish us with thousands of extra casualties in Iraq and Afghanistan, as Iranian-trained, armed and funded fighters flow back into the war zones with a vengeance.

So, giving the go ahead to Israel would just not be worth it.

But none of this changes the fact that Israel - on its own, without U.S. complicity - is moving closer to a decision to attack Iran, almost by the day.

What many Americans miss is that Iran is a threat to Israel's very existence, not an imagined danger used by politicians for political advantage. Every Israeli city is within range of Iranian/Hezbollah rockets. To make matters worse, since the July 2006 34-day war, Hezbollah may have as much as trebled the number of rockets it has targeted on Israel.

Meantime, Hezbollah has become the de facto state in Lebanon. And lest we forget, Israel lost that July 2006 war to Hezbollah, pulling its troops out of Lebanon without having obtained a single objective. In other words, Israel no longer has its deterrence credibility, the fear that it can decisively retaliate against its enemies.

Israel knows that international diplomacy against Iran up until now has been a farce. Iran called Bush's bluff, ignored sanctions and continued its nuclear program with impunity. And if the Israelis needed another psychological kick in the pants, last week North Korea announced that it is back to building a bomb, likewise with impunity.

Finally, Israel has to calculate that American influence around the world is on the wane. Americans are tired of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. And now, after the war in Georgia, Russia is opening up its flow of weapons to Iran.

·
Registered
3,556 Posts
these are dangerous times.....financially and via arms race. Israel will likely give it a go on their own....if we need to, we will back them up. we just sent them a missile early warning system.....they are preparing their people for the attacks they know will be coming, should they decide to bomb Iran.....either way, the Iranians will close the strait, if Israel attacks.
the stop in oil flow will thrust the world into a depression....hang on to your seats folks......

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'd do it before the election. Actually its a good time to do it too, if there is ever a "good" time for such things. Oil is at a relatively low price, appears to be a bit of a glut in supply. The world is on edge due to the markets which I think would keep the world powers "somewhat" out of it because they don't want to make problems worse (even Russia is suffering from high inflation and capital fled after Georgia). If they waited till after the markets totally tanked it would be WW3, which I doubt Isreal wants.

Also American troops start leaving the region in December, best do it while they are still there to help defend Isreal against a counter attack.

If they're going to do it I'd say do it now rather than later. Will not have a better time I think.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Great! The war mongers failed to crank up there fear machine in this country, so they have Israel start this war. WOW these guys are good. Looks like they are really gunning for the grand chess board, they'll do anything to get their hands on that oil. I can't believe how many people are eating this up like gospel. Maybe had we not been screwing around in Iran for the last 60 years or so, we wouldn't have had these problems, better yet we should have put a leash on Israel when we gave them control of the holy land, that might have helped out a lot, better yet we probably should have never agreed to give them something that wasn't ours to give in the first place, but that was just as much Britain's fault I guess. So much for listening to our founding fathers advise to stay out of entangling alliances, and sticking with trade. I'm just going to blame all the power brokers from WW1 for this mess.

LOL they hate our freedom!!! LOL no they hate us because we keep kicking them around and they are sick of it. The next time you boys see a hornet's nest feel free to give it a good whack and then hop on here and post what happens. Just don't expect me to hate them for your actions.

If Israel can't handle a war with them maybe they should stop and rethink their actions, unless of course they already have a guarantee of support is this from our government. Which by all right our government can't do without the support of the people. Hmmmm?……

It's amazing how fast some people can condemn our solders to war for their own greed.

hope everone gets a good nights sleep, dont let the fear keep you up to late.
:lol:

over and out-

·
Registered
3,556 Posts
not sure where you got your info, but here is a newsflash for you......Iran is bent on the extermination of Israel.....they have said as much, numerous times......i would expect Israel to defend themselves....one Holocaust is enough for most folks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts