North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was out duck and goose hunting today and i was looking behind me and when i turned around there was a large bird in my spread. i think it was a sand hill but im not sure. would they land in a goose decoy spread. our blinds were not as camoed as i like and from what i understand cranes are pretty spooky. it was all gray, no red on the head or anything. maybe a young crane? i tried to take a picture but some ducks came in on us and it took off when i started calling.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
i tried to take a picture but some ducks came in on us and it took off when i started calling.
Don't get mad but what did the ducks do? :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
bowinchester said:
i was out duck and goose hunting today and i was looking behind me and when i turned around there was a large bird in my spread. i think it was a sand hill but im not sure. would they land in a goose decoy spread. our blinds were not as camoed as i like and from what i understand cranes are pretty spooky. it was all gray, no red on the head or anything. maybe a young crane? i tried to take a picture but some ducks came in on us and it took off when i started calling.
had a one land on my blind it was amazing i had just said to my hunting partner that i wished i had a crane decoy to help bring the ducks in its a heck of a good booster in confidence.

·
Registered
2 Posts
A curious crane it was! I even had one come right into my turkey decoys last spring. Then, even though I was in full camo, it looked right at me and walked within 6 feet of me before being distracted by a noise off to the side. No turkeys that day but the crane was a real thriller.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts