North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just want to start by saying I am very greatful to be able to hunt your great state. I have been coming to ND for about four years. We stay around the Kenmare area. I was just wondering how the hunting has been out that way so far. One of my dad's buddys is already out there and he says it is as dry as he has ever seen it. They have been coming there for 10 years. He said there is water 60 miles South but everything around Kenmare is dryed up. It is hard to believe, I didnt make it out last year but the year before it was dry and we managed to find good water in the hills near Kenmare. Is this all dry as well? I was also wondering if you guys have any reports of cold fronts moving through soon. I saw on weather.com that it was 80 degrees there this week. I looked again today and it looks as if it may cool down some soon. I noticed it is getting down in the mid 20's at night, these day temps cant stay like they are for to long can they? I am leaving Monday and will be returning home on the 23rd so I hope some cool air pushes some fresh Mallies down this coming week, am I dreaming? I am also bringing my Shorthair out to hopefully get on some sharptails and cock birds, any reports on the spring hatch and bird numbers would be greatly appreciated. Also if some one would be kind enought to lead me in the right direction, i.e. broad area, of where I might be able to find some non-posted areas around the Kenmare area to try to get my dog on some wild birds. Like I said any help will be appreiciated, thanks in advance. :beer:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts