North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So in this bill getting debated... You know the one the media and this administration is telling you will cost you $0 and billionares will pay for it all. IS A MILEAGE TAX OF ABOUT $0.08 a mile. Dont' you think that will hit the middle class??

So lets just put it this way... someone makes $40K a year and drives 10,000 miles a year on a vehicle (that number is really low especially if anyone commutes to work).... That is $800 a year you will have to pay in TAX!!! That is 2% of your income in a tax increase. You would have to work about a week to pay for that new tax... or work an extra week.

But yeah.... this bill wont cost middle class people at all. :sick::sick::sick::rolleyes::rolleyes:馃ぎ馃ぎ

Also think about it this way... HOW WILL THEY AUDIT THIS?? You know will everyone have to keep a mileage book now in their vehicles? Will they have to have some plug in on their vehicles or monitoring device? Or will they just record it thru Onstar type things? Kind of scary... and an OVER REACH!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Now... I will say this... That many times Mileage taxes have been brought up and kicked out of bills. But this is one thing the media isn't telling you about this bill. WHICH THEY SHOULD. It is also one thing this administration isn't talking about in this bill.

IT is showing you who is actually running this administration... It isn't any "moderates"... they are caving to the extreme lefts on most of this stuff.

I will say it again and again.... Both parties have moved too far either right or left. We need more moderates and THEY NEED TO SPEAK UP. I have said this over and over and over... No matter what party you see yourself with... YOU ARE THE MINORITY. Most of this country is divided up with about 40% who lean or are left of center.... 40% who lean or are right of center.... then 20% in the center. SO IF YOU ONLY GO ALONG WITH PARTY LINES..... YOU ARE THE MINORITY... you are doing a disservice to 60% of the population of this country.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You know what else is in this bill.... A MARRIAGE PENALTY.....

Now I haven't read all the ins and outs of this yet. But it talks about a tax on marriage and they make it even higher... or something along those lines.

Romney, Colleagues Call Out Harmful Marriage Penalties in Democrats鈥 Reconciliation Bill | Senator Mitt Romney (senate.gov)

鈥淯nfortunately, despite its original rollout as part of the 鈥楢merican Families Plan,鈥 the current draft of the reconciliation bill takes an existing marriage penalty in the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and makes it significantly worse.鈥
So again... How is this not "taxing" the middle class. I just showed two ways that it will hit them. MIleage tax and this increase in Marriage Penalty.

But Pelosi says it will cost $0.... How can spending 3.5 T cost $0. They must have been watching extreme couponing way too much. But forget that even in those shows it costs the businesses money, the maker of the product money, etc.
But hey.. .they know they got many many many sheep who will follow and just listen blindly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts