North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Maybe someone should do a modified PLOTS Book to show all the Public Waters & access points & ask the G&FD to make better access points - (Not real clear now ??? ) seems Boat hunters have got the short end of the deal & if land is going to be leased or made off limits to Freelance hunters ??? Then it's time to claim our public waters ??? :******:

I think the days of SOB hunting are over in ND - Let Canada be the place to hunt them -

Lets open our Waters

How much of the water in Nelson - Ramsey - & Benson Counties is public ??? (other counties too)

How about the water from DL to Stump lake is this now public meandering water ???

How many have had hassles hunting some waters - (where landowners think they own the water - but don't ???)

Have you found water that was meandering & should be huntable but isn't ??? & done anything about it ???

If No Trespass Law ever changes - I will for sure do all / everything possible to get our waters back & make sure they are clearly made accessable - even if it means lawsuits

Can you say - ND Boat Hunters Assn :******:

The PLOTS books have been a eye opener, as it comes to water - But alot more could & should be done.

·
Registered
372 Posts
jet boat????!!! oh yeah!!... & its about time to get the 17'8" converted over...have a blind system started on it....big water assault craft. I'm real leary of this lake in a small boat....

Only problems you may have here is accessing the water from the rez-side, you can't get on from rez land with out paying their fee....they may try to harass you if you are "on their water"(not real clear on where that is), but just access it from the non-rez side & you should be good...

you're right there is a few who freak out if you on on "their water" & will harass you to the point you need to get the G&F involved(east side of Braaten slough) This area now holds a pile of geese, but no cover to hunt...I've always entertained the thought of a layout-type hunt after they went out & hammered them on the return, but didn't want to screw up the field guys....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts