North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went up to New Johns on Dec. 22 and fished on the SW side of the Island right out from the ramp. It was 18 feet deep. Fished it from 2:00 until 5:15 and caught around 20 perch and 5 walleyes. A few of the perch were keepers and the eyes were 13, 13, 14, 16, 18. Caught my first eye 1 minute after I put my first line down. the perch came in schools and the eyes were all spread out. Gave a buddy of mine directions to where I was fishing and he fished it today and got one 12 inch walleye and one perch. So I dont know what happened there. A lot more guys out today so it could have been the pressure. Any others having luck?

·
Registered
352 Posts
I had some luck real early,but it's cooled off since.I lost a giant pike the other week, REAL big.what a heartbraker.

Where are the majority of people people fishing, what side of the lake?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There were guys all over. Some of the clusters are around the island I was fishing by, the bay straight west of the ramp on the south side, and of course the sunken road out towards the east. Didnt talk to anyone else when I was there so I dont know how the others are doing. Where were you at?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Got out to New Johns again this weekend.Fished around the island in about 16 ft. of water and iced 4 walleyes and around a dozen perch.Pressure has been heavy from what I heard but not as many out as i expected.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Pressure has dropped considerably as of late. I have friends that fish that a lot, and I normally take their words as fact.Heading up there for the first time this winter this weekend.

wish me luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts