North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner

I need to vent about what happened to me last wknd

11K views 44 replies 26 participants last post by  PSDC 
#1 ·
I found a cornfield friday nite holding close to 800 cans. and 1000 ducks. Went and got permission, the landowner said it was all mine for the weekend cause he was going south for some pheasants. I rounded up the boys and headed out at 5 sat mornin. Shot 12 canadas and 21 ducks between the four of us. Good morning. Went out scouting on saturday nite to the cornfield. FULL of birds once again. rounded up the boys and headed out at 5 again.

We got all setup when i notice 3 vehicles park on top of a hill in the same field 350 yds away. I drove up there to see who it was and what they were planning on doing. I got up there to see a local guide. He asked me if i had permission, i said yeah i do....he says well how can you get permission when the landowner is gone. I said i got it on friday and we hunted it sat and now sun too. He started telling me about how he had the land leased. I lost my cool just a lil and told him what i think about guides.

This guy doesnt have much respect from the locals! :eyeroll: I told him since i have permission, and i was out there first im not leaving, he said fine, i will take my 9 guys and stick them along the fencerow to pass shoot. I said what???? he told me, yeah since you guys have the field of ours. At this point i was really ****** off. He told me that if i helped him out by not shooting when birds are coming over the fencerow that he would help me out by not shooting when we have birds working. This REALLY worked me up more since he had no decoys out at all(and he guides???)

Well i got back to the decoy spread and once daylight came i look into the fencerow(100yds away) and there are 3 guys. we had birds work us all morning, but the birds had to clear the fencerow to get to us. They shot at every single bird that came our way, this guide has NO RESPECT whatsoever. I am so sick of what is happening to our sport that i could :puke:!!! The landowner got back sunday nite and i asked him if this guide actually has access to the field and he said that no he didnt, and that he would never get access to this field. WAIT TIL I SEE THIS GUIDE THE NEXT TIME!! OH BOY HE BETTER BE READY!!! just thought i would vent a little!

See less See more
#11 ·
Obviously if the idgits were willing to pay to pass shoot along a fence line then I am sure they had no clue that it's "wrong" to set up where they did and basically blow your spread.

I blame the guide.....not those idiots with too much money and no hunting abilities.

#12 ·
Bartman, it would be interesting to hear a wardens take on this. ND passed a law against hunter harassment several sessions ago, I believe. Sounds like harassment to me. The guide could get his papers marked if so. Any wardens out there?

#15 ·
I question the reality of the story as Bartman refuses to state the guides name. I think we would all like to know who it was and by his actions he deserves to be known to the whole hunting community and the public. However, Bartman, if you fail to reveal who this guide was you admit to making up this story to try to dirty the names of guides and outfitters in the area and I believe that that is a form of slander/libel.
I would watch you step.
So with that, come on, WHO WAS IT?

cootkiller

#17 ·
I'm with Coot. If no name is posted, then we can all assume that this story is made up. I usually give the benefit of the doubt, but we need a name!

#19 ·
It's the guides fault if this did actually occur. But as with everyone, can't really believe it without the name. And since you knew who he was it should be no problem.

And you really should press charges against someone like that.

#20 ·
Bartman,
After reading your post again I now REALLY question wether this happened.
For one, what self-respecting guide would ever take out 9 guys. Sorry but that just doesn't happen. Two, if he did have nine guys how come he only let 3 hunt in the fencerow that morning. Three, so you are saying that this guy took nine guys out hunting on a guided hunt and he had NO decoys with him.
Holy cow Bartman, I can't believe you expect us to believe this jibber-jabber.
If, in fact, this story is true you have to give us the name of the guide. If you don't you lose all credibility on this site and no one, and I mean no one will give you any respect.

cootkiller

P.S. Next time, Let Moises Alou catch the ball.

Edit: The name calling isn't needed. - A. Bachmeier

#21 ·
If you post at Nodak Outdoors again, read the terms below:

http://nodakoutdoors.com/members/phpBB/terms.html

This is an open forum where you can express your views, and I'll let them slide because it's not being covered anywhere else. But all the personal attacks are getting old....REAL FAST!

Whether your new to the forum, or been around awhile...this is going to come to a hault. If you're new, and aren't aware of the policy...it's why it's posted. If you've been around, know where I stand and still keep up the personal attacks, I feel disrespected.

So this is it...If I see you attacking someone for anything other than their opinion I have no choice but to discontinue your ability to post here. Differences of opinion are great to move forward to protect the state's hunting before it's gone, but name calling is immature, and counter-productive.

So again, NODAK OUTDOORS WILL NOT TOLERATE THIS TYPE OF BEHAVOIR.

**moderators please check out the moderators forum**

#22 ·
I guess the play on peoples names doesn't go over so well with some of you huh. I thought I WAS commenting on Bartman's opinion. Some of us think that he is not being truthful and we are just trying to call him on that. I don't think that there were ANY personal attacks in my thread at all.
If this is your backhanded way of getting rid of cootkiller because you disagree with my views I understand, but don't shut down a voice that speaks for many landowners and sportsman of North Dakota. Otherwise you can't truthfully call yourself Nodak Outdoors.

A larger voice than you will ever comprehend
COOTKILLER

#23 ·
CKstatement:For one, what self-respecting guide would ever take out 9 guys. Sorry but that just doesn't happen. Two, if he did have nine guys how come he only let 3 hunt in the fencerow that morning.

Are you kidding me! For one who works for an Outfitter you sure don't see what's going on? WHY WOULDN"T they take out nine guys? They are there to make money, to assure the hunt!That's it! They don't promise them birds, or hunting tactics. And YES it really DOES HAPPEN! You are fooling yourself by not believing it. AGAIN Sheldonism could start here but they won't because again you don't know that facts! So I won't start on the new stuff that he has pulled in the last month!

And by him not telling all of us means he's not spaming his name,or maybe he hasn't been back to check this site for awhile. If you were attentive enough you'd see he he hasn't posted since the thread was started.

A larger voice than you will ever comprehend .......um what?Yeah right!!!

Mav....

#24 ·
CK

If you are ever removed from this site, and I will have absolutely no part in seeing that it happens, it will be absolutely no ones fault but your own. It is possible to represent landowner opinion here without making personal attacks. Sometimes not easy, but possible. When Mr. Balnchfield was posting he did not respond with venom or insults, simply refuted the statements or did not respond. That is how polite society works.

I for one appreciate the effort Chris is making to make this people more friendly to everyone, rather than less.

Tom

#25 ·
Maverick,
I am sorry the fact that I am here scares you. I guess I my intellect and point of view would scare me too if I were on you side of these issues. FYI: I have never and will never be in the employment of a guide or outfitter. I hunt North Dakota for the enjoyment of it and to intorduce to young people the beauty of North Dakota. This is more than I am sure most of the people on here can say. The guides and outfitters I know only take out four guys at a time and that is their rule. Maybe that is why they are considered the best in ND.

tsodak,
I would like to reply to you post but because of all the grammatical errors, to tell you the truth I couldn't understand what you were trying to say. Better luck next time.

cootkiller

#26 ·
I know we are not supposed to pick on spelling and grammar errors on here but if you are going to do it CK, at least double check your own post before hitting the submit button.
I guess I my intellect
intorduce
I would like to reply to you post but because of all the grammatical errors, to tell you the truth I couldn't understand what you were trying to say.
Pot: Hey Kettle!
Kettle: Yeah?
Pot: You're Black

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.