North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a cornfield friday nite holding close to 800 cans. and 1000 ducks. Went and got permission, the landowner said it was all mine for the weekend cause he was going south for some pheasants. I rounded up the boys and headed out at 5 sat mornin. Shot 12 canadas and 21 ducks between the four of us. Good morning. Went out scouting on saturday nite to the cornfield. FULL of birds once again. rounded up the boys and headed out at 5 again.

We got all setup when i notice 3 vehicles park on top of a hill in the same field 350 yds away. I drove up there to see who it was and what they were planning on doing. I got up there to see a local guide. He asked me if i had permission, i said yeah i do....he says well how can you get permission when the landowner is gone. I said i got it on friday and we hunted it sat and now sun too. He started telling me about how he had the land leased. I lost my cool just a lil and told him what i think about guides.

This guy doesnt have much respect from the locals! :eyeroll: I told him since i have permission, and i was out there first im not leaving, he said fine, i will take my 9 guys and stick them along the fencerow to pass shoot. I said what???? he told me, yeah since you guys have the field of ours. At this point i was really ****** off. He told me that if i helped him out by not shooting when birds are coming over the fencerow that he would help me out by not shooting when we have birds working. This REALLY worked me up more since he had no decoys out at all(and he guides???)

Well i got back to the decoy spread and once daylight came i look into the fencerow(100yds away) and there are 3 guys. we had birds work us all morning, but the birds had to clear the fencerow to get to us. They shot at every single bird that came our way, this guide has NO RESPECT whatsoever. I am so sick of what is happening to our sport that i could :puke:!!! The landowner got back sunday nite and i asked him if this guide actually has access to the field and he said that no he didnt, and that he would never get access to this field. WAIT TIL I SEE THIS GUIDE THE NEXT TIME!! OH BOY HE BETTER BE READY!!! just thought i would vent a little!

·
Super Moderator
8,488 Posts
Mhy don't you ask the landowner to prosecute him for hunting on posted land without permission???

·
Registered
372 Posts
Name the Guide!!!

Also call Bruce Burkett and put a bug in his ear about this guide:

Commercial Activities Supervisor Bruce Burkett, Bismarck -- 701-328-6603

·
Registered
422 Posts
Obviously if the idgits were willing to pay to pass shoot along a fence line then I am sure they had no clue that it's "wrong" to set up where they did and basically blow your spread.

I blame the guide.....not those idiots with too much money and no hunting abilities.

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
Bartman, it would be interesting to hear a wardens take on this. ND passed a law against hunter harassment several sessions ago, I believe. Sounds like harassment to me. The guide could get his papers marked if so. Any wardens out there?

·
Registered
443 Posts
I question the reality of the story as Bartman refuses to state the guides name. I think we would all like to know who it was and by his actions he deserves to be known to the whole hunting community and the public. However, Bartman, if you fail to reveal who this guide was you admit to making up this story to try to dirty the names of guides and outfitters in the area and I believe that that is a form of slander/libel.
I would watch you step.
So with that, come on, WHO WAS IT?

cootkiller

·
Registered
203 Posts
I'm with Coot. If no name is posted, then we can all assume that this story is made up. I usually give the benefit of the doubt, but we need a name!

·
Registered
545 Posts
It's the guides fault if this did actually occur. But as with everyone, can't really believe it without the name. And since you knew who he was it should be no problem.

And you really should press charges against someone like that.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Bartman,
After reading your post again I now REALLY question wether this happened.
For one, what self-respecting guide would ever take out 9 guys. Sorry but that just doesn't happen. Two, if he did have nine guys how come he only let 3 hunt in the fencerow that morning. Three, so you are saying that this guy took nine guys out hunting on a guided hunt and he had NO decoys with him.
Holy cow Bartman, I can't believe you expect us to believe this jibber-jabber.
If, in fact, this story is true you have to give us the name of the guide. If you don't you lose all credibility on this site and no one, and I mean no one will give you any respect.

cootkiller

P.S. Next time, Let Moises Alou catch the ball.

Edit: The name calling isn't needed. - A. Bachmeier

1 - 20 of 45 Posts