North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the wind this weekend I haven't been able to do much bowhunting. I was thinking about heading out for a few hours tomorrow morning but have never hunted in 20-25 mph winds and I do not know whether it is even worth my time. Whats everyone's opinion? I'm sure not going to get any not going out..but do you guys hunt these conditions and if so how do you do?

· Registered
303 Posts
I was going to go out this morning but when I got outa bed the wind was blowing 30+ with gust up over 40...I decided to stay in...when the wind blows that hard its easier to get into a spot but very hard to get your sounds to carry..

· Premium Member
3,981 Posts
I don't waste my time going out on a whim if the wind is high (15-20 or greater). But if I have a trip planned such as a two day calling trip 100-200 miles away and I spent the money to get out there I am going to hunt. In that case it is like Grumley said...you need to get close to their bedding areas. We have gotten coyotes on windy days (30 mph) by working hilly brushy areas and moving over the next hill, call a stand, then move to the next hill, etc. It takes time but it is kind of fun to work an area.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.