North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
The mid alantic area has a ton of beans and the hunting in them is alwsome its just so dang hard to hide.....nat gear is about the closest i've found to hide in beans with......Another great thing is the decoys stand out in beans great.......maybe dig down in um' that should help out some.......pile up the decoys around you .....We go when the farmer is combining and get him to take the beaters of the back that way it piles up nice and then we put it in my barn when we hunt beans go and get a few bags for stubble....

good luck beans are the toughest....

·
Registered
745 Posts
Its not an option up there...But im a strong supporter of the sugar beet fields...FINALLY October 1st has come! Beet harvest is at full tilt! And i sure hope get to hunt that bare black field on saturday morning because its a blast!

Hunting a bean field would be easy as hell to hide in...if you can dig a pit, throw a piece of plywood on top of you, throw the really short bean stubble on your board and a decoy infront of your face(or facepaint) and you are INVISIBLE!!!!It might be a little work...but if you love goose hunting as much as i do...the work never gets to hard!

·
Registered
118 Posts
It seems like in my area the birds prefer the wheat/corn fields but when they get more pressured and kind of figure out those fields = death they will start to switch to the more open fields....aka harvested bean and beet fields that hunters are more reluctant to go in because of the concealment issues

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Never hunted beans, basically wheat and corn here. We've hunted some cow pastures to were the cows were getting fed corn and the geese eat the poop (YUMMY) after they get done. Other wise I'm taking corn all day long, had my best and most memorable hunts out of corn so far in my lifetime. Wheat depending on how long it is, is great too.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts