North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I don't understand why a landowner would want to sell the hunting rights to his property. Why not just lease them instead?

What if PETA or HSUS bought up all the hunting rights and basically shuts down hunting in ND?

I hope this selling of hunting rights from the surface estate is stopped for good this session!

·
Registered
4,645 Posts
So flip the pancake over and see it it tastes the same on both sides:

Would Rep. Rod Froelich support the private sale of hunting rights to the NDGF for public use? Since he thinks willing buyer-seller agreements should prevail. :D He had introduced the No Tresspass lawsuit against the state that was denied by the state supreme court. Seems like a conflict in the thought process.

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
Webfoot Posse said:
dumb a$$es :eek:
While the full impact of your literary commentary might resonate with some, it leaves me clueless.

Thus, as humbeling as it is, I must utter....

Huhh?

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Dick Monson said:
So flip the pancake over and see it it tastes the same on both sides:

Would Rep. Rod Froelich support the private sale of hunting rights to the NDGF for public use? Since he thinks willing buyer-seller agreements should prevail. :D He had introduced the No Tresspass lawsuit against the state that was denied by the state supreme court. Seems like a conflict in the thought process.
Dick, I like the way you think! :lol:

This Froelich guy doesn't make any sense, he wants a no tresspass law, yet he wants to sell the hunting rights to his property, and then if someone else buys his property, they will not have hunting rights, which are basic property rights..... :homer:

·
Super Moderator
8,488 Posts
Froelich is a maverick.....he is always the sponsor of the NO Tresspass bill or anything relating to anti-hunting.If anyone deserves an F when it comes to hunting bills,it's him. :puke:

·
Registered
7,734 Posts
KEN W said:
Froelich is a maverick.....he is always the sponsor of the NO Tresspass bill or anything relating to anti-hunting.If anyone deserves an F when it comes to hunting bills,it's him. :puke:
Which district is he in?

What city?

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
My gut tells me that some of the commercial people are concerned with the drop in habitat and such that as they control more and more. People are going to wake up to this being bad overall for ND.

If that happens, I can see a initiated measure or Leg action taking place that would limit G/O to only lands that you own, thus making leasing illegal or use of rented Ag land as well.

This would allow them to purchase and control the hunting rights thus avoiding the law.

With the announcement today that Rick Berg is not running for Majority Leader and is planning on stepping down. The most likely person to obtain that position is very much pro hunter. Thus I believe that committee makeup and heavy handed tactics by some on those committees will lend itself to a much leveler playing field.

·
Registered
950 Posts
So if a landowner sells the hunting rights to his land, would the buyer be entitled to the owners gratis tag?

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
As always, if you want to really know what is going on, follow the $ trail. Ain't greed a grand thing. :roll:

How fitting is it that my 2,000 post would be about how greed is hurting us.

·
Premium Member
4,695 Posts
The way the gratis regs are written you need to be the owner of the land or lease it for agricultural purposes. So at the present time the answer would be no.

Strange things have been known to happen in legislative committee meetings though.

Here is a link to the bill that the Legislative Council drafted after the study resolution process.

http://www.legis.nd.gov/assembly/60-200 ... BK0100.pdf
Interesting piece of legislation if it is submitted as written.

Ron

Rick Berg, as I am sure you know, will not be missed by sportsmen in the leadership role. And I will support Al Carlson in his bid for the position. Pardon the pun but he has always been a pretty straight shooter IMO.

I am sure it will be an interesting session again for sportsmen.

·
Super Moderator
8,488 Posts
Isn't Carlson the one who wanted to change his vote on the bill to put a limit on NR hunters a couple sessions back?Claimed he voted wrong and it lost by 1 vote.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
No Ken that was Ron Iverson and he lost his re-election bid.

I could go on and on about what I think of Rod Froielch but will not, this is now it seems going to end up in court regardless. However, there are very few people in the Leg that are bigger supporters of commercial hunting than he is.

·
Registered
7,734 Posts
angus 1 said:
Froielch is a zero. A true fighter for personal property rights, Something hunters are against.
I'm a hunter. I'm for property rights.

This has nothing to do with property rights from a legal point of view. You can't make that claim.

Learn a little bit about property law before making that claim. Animals do not belong to a landowner. Therefore assignment of rights for something which you do not own as a property owner is invalid on it's face.

You are right Angus. Froelich is a zero.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Learn a little bit about property law before making that claim. Animals do not belong to a landowner. Therefore assignment of rights for something which you do not own as a property owner is invalid on it's face.
R Y A N, He is not assigning rights for something he does not own. Hunting is not a right it a privlage, he owns the land and is selling the privlage to hunt on that land.

If that happens, I can see a initiated measure or Leg action taking place that would limit G/O to only lands that you own, thus making leasing illegal or use of rented Ag land as well.
Never happen Ron, I can't believe that someone who claims to be such as conservative can think so stupid when it comes to hunting issues

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
G/O we have had this conversation before on the issue of commercial operations. No need to go down that road again. But Froielch is attempting to protect his family interests with this. Not property rights etc... just a smoke screen. Just like his attempt to get the courts to overturn ND Trespass laws. He knows that the Leg will not support his position and is making an early end run.

Oh and G/O hunting is a right in ND a few years back we passed an amendment to our state Constitution making it so!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.