North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for information on hunting honkers around bismarck. Is land access easier to the south or north of I-94. And also which is the best area to hunt. I just moved down here from the DL area for school and once it starts getting colder out i will probly be stickin to the honkers in this area instead of goin home. Anyone who knows the area around here please post some info for me.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Its really hard to get access for fields south and north of Bismarck along the river. Might have a little more luck on the Mandan side. The farther you get away from the river the better it is as far as permission. But the river really doesnt get that good until the sloughs freeze up anyways. There is an area aboat 20 miles east and 20 miles north of Bismarck that hardly holds any numbers of waterfowl. Im in the same boat as you, lived in Bismarck and just moved up to Grand Forks for school. Give me a PM if you want and I could give you more specific areas.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I hunting in wing last year and we saw lots of ducks but not many geese. Is that the area you are talking about? I would like to do some more goose hunting in that area was wondering if you had any suggestions for places around that area? Not looking for honey holes just a pointing in the right direction.......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.