North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While the remaining potholes are drying up fast, the remaining ducks are crowding into whatever water that they can find. Unfortunately so are the hunters. We went for a drive west of Devils Lake to the York area and north, saw maybe 500 ducks total. A single 15 acre slough had 4 different sets of decoys. From what we heard, this is the normal sight.
Maybe the G&F Hunter Pressure Concept wasnt such a bad idea!

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
I said this before but take the time and throw a jornal or note book on the dash of the truck. Write down hunter numbers concentration levels time of day and day and month. These will be very important when we go back to Bismarck. More than once I hve had our elected officals say they have little or no proof of what we are speaking of.

I really implore everyone to start preparing for 05 leg session. With documentation of the same area one year to the next it will lend a lot more valididty to what one speaks of.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hunter,
Have to agree with you me and your grandson drove 150 miles yesterday. Went West of D.L. and both sides of Hwy #2. I actually saw more out of state hunters than I did ducks. The amount of posted land has increased. In a way its ok though cause those guys have basically wasted a trip to big ol mallard capital of the world (N.D.) so sad don't ya think. We need the cap no doubt. The pressure here has really driven the birds out.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bucky and Blackfoot,,,,,,,The NR hunters are apparently learning. We put alot of miles on today and talked to lots of business owners and landowners...........For some reason the hunters have vanished. But the ducks have too and the SOB's are non-existent. If the powers-to-be would listen to the G&F instead of seeing $$ in their eyes, it may not be this way. As far as being lied to anyway. Thank God i dont have to explain to a client why there are no birds!
I know it has been said before but here goes again: Politics and politicians have absolutely NO business in game and fish management! I have heard some of the lies being told to some of clients of some of the guides coming in,,,,,,,,what a line of BS!!! Basically the ducks were gone from this area after the first weekend.......PERIOD! Believe what you want,,,,,,,,,,,,,,on the brighter side,,,,deer season is only 26 days away, and they wont migrate!! :D :beer:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.