1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:withstupid:

Oct
PETA's Human BBQ Demo Becomes All Too Real
Posted at 09:11 AM | Permalink | Comments (11)
By now, you might have heard about Timothy Wayne Shepherd, the 28-year-old man who confessed last year to killing his ex-girlfriend and who is also charged with dismembering and barbecuing her-no, really.
While this story is shocking and terrible, it sounds awfully familiar. Oh, that's right! Last week on the PETA Files, we posted an entry all about barbecuing humans! It was a demonstration to get people to wake up and "meet their meat." In our demo, a woman had her body painted like charred flesh and lay on a mock grill while passersby gawked-forced to make the connection that those tightly wrapped, clean-looking meat packages in the grocery store once were living, breathing beings who felt pain when they were slaughtered.
In our case, the demo was thought-provoking and symbolic (flesh is flesh). In Timothy's case … it might have been a bit too real.
We're writing to the prison where Shepherd is being held. If he is convicted of the murder, he will receive a sentence presumably intended to prevent him from taking any more lives. Well, we certainly agree with this sentiment-and that's why we're asking Shepherd's jailers to stop the cycle of senseless killing by putting him on an all-vegetarian diet. We can never bring back the young woman who was the victim of Shepherd's crime, but we can try to prevent him from causing any more painful deaths.
Posted by Amanda Schinke

So....their compairing killing and dismembering a human to eating a cheeseburger?........

·
Registered
637 Posts
Sounds like PETA doth protest too much (in both the Shakespearean "Boy, you sure sound defensive" sense, and in the sense that I'm tired of their ridiculous protests). Maybe PETA should be charged as accessories to murder... that must be where the guy got the idea.

PETA wants to equate animal lives with human lives? FINE, I say that we start blaming PETA for murders because they devalue human life! It's no more of a stretch than anything they say.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
I personally think it's great when PETA has demonstrations...

...it reminds the general public of how insane they really are.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Yes, someone should teach those sad helpless people who don't eat meat how to actually Hunt!!!!!

For a MAN not to eat meat ...its just...just so WRONG!! :idiot:

No man o mine would be a vegetarian!! Deer chops sauteed in garlic butter.....fresh moose backstraps over a nice fire....a nice crispy bluebill on the rotisserie.....Mmmmmmm

PETA people are definately missing out...eh their loss and foolishness.
:beer:

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
If she's hot meat I'll eat her.... :lol:

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
:******:
:puke:

·
Registered
637 Posts
DodgeLynn: if it helps, I think he was referring to the PETA girl... Sometimes we forget it's not just other dudes on here, but I HIGHLY doubt that was directed at you. I think it was a combination of a little crudeness and a lot of crappy timing.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Eh no worries...many a day at hunt camp with all the fellas...I am afraid to say I understand most the time. I don't mind men being themselves...its entertaining!!!
I read the commentaries on this sight when I am at work..it reminds me of the guys I hunt with..makes the day go by till I can be out hunting!! And I catch some advice from time to time too..
I was just kinda thinking them skin and bones PETA people wouldn't taste all that great..living on that tofu and junk....hehe
:bartime:

and there is always one BUCKSEYE in the bunch eh!! :eek:

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
was just kinda thinking them skin and bones PETA people wouldn't taste all that great..living on that tofu and junk....hehe

and there is always one BUCKSEYE in the bunch eh!!
hehe yep at least one where I come from... :beer:

don't be such sissy's guys women like men who say what they want! :lol:

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
OR the strong SILENT type!!!!!! :poke:

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
:toofunny:

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
or all the above!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
:huh:
:wink:

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
A meal fit for a King.. or some wisecracker... :beer: :lol: :lol:

You all are cracking me up today!!! :lol: :lol:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.