North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well a couple of buddies and myself ventured out to western ND on a mule deer hunt. The weather was cool in the evenings and hot during the day. There were some close encounters, and a few misses, but it was great to finally be back in the field. I watched from 600 yards one of my buddies stalking on a 3X3 that was about 22 in wide. It was a picture perfect stalk, but not a picture perfect ending. When he got to the top of the hill the buck was only 16 yards below him! Got a little excited and missed. :sniper: I did not shoot this weekend, but not for the lack of trying. Saw a couple of 130 to 140 in deer, but couldn't get within range on either of them. Mabey next year.

·
Registered
18 Posts
i'm hunting youth season sept 19th in units 2b(page) and 2f2(cooperstown) there are huge bucks in 2f2 and 2b if u know where to go and my dad does so hopefully i get a buck at least 115 :peace:

:sniper: :strapped:

·
Registered
18 Posts
o ya and since u were talkin about mulies my dad was huntin western ND in 94' for is first and only mule deer a 5x4 awsome rack its huge

·
Registered
4 Posts
I saw, and got close to a number of does, but have yet to see a buck. Hoping I can see one this weekend, but only time will tell I guess..

·
Registered
1 Posts
my nephew scored on a small 4X4 opening evening. sounded like it was a blast . sure miss bowhunting those whitetails there in ND. but oh well time to go mtn goat hunting

1 - 5 of 5 Posts