North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to add a Monte Carlo style cheek pad to my slug gun. Anyone know of a stick on, glue on type of pad. I just put a wooden stock on it which made it better, but I couldn't find a custom stock for my gun.
Help!

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Hey Kelly, would be interesting to see how many times your post is googled for using the words "leather" and "strap on" together. :eek:

Sorry...I couldn't help myself! :wink:

Good luck in a couple weeks. We're getting some good buck pics on our trail cam, and one is so rutted up as of Monday night he's almost scary looking!

We've talked before but I don't remember if I heard where you are in IL.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
never thought about that, LOL.

Not much activity around here. Was seeing a couple small bucks, but nothing this week. No pictures, no tracks.

Good Luck to you too, hope you get the big en

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Well now's the time for your luck to change. I opted not to go into my stand in this wind tonight, but 2 buddies who hunt in some bigger, more sheltered timber went and saw 18, and one was a shooter buck behind a doe. It is just getting good, so dig out your warm clothes and get serious tomorrow.

:beer:

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
went this morning to what I thouht to be my honey hole. Nothing but wind, got cold and came home. On my way out I found a couple new stands that I don't know who they are, and I see my nieghbor with his decoy out hunting in a spot about 100 yards from my other stand. I think I will sell everything and stay in the house, this year is pissing me off.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Don't do that!

I understand your frustration. Hunting really brings out lack of character in a man sometimes, doesn't it? :wink:

I think you don't truly know a person until you deal with him and money, or until he finds out there's a bigger deer closer to someone else !!!!!!! :lol:

You did better than me this morning. I will NOT go into my spot with a 30mph west wind, so I went back to bed. I expect this to calm down by tomorrow morning, and if so, it's "game on"!

But if you DO decide to sell everything...please call me first ! :wink:

:beer:

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
was just re-reading our post. Sorry I missed the part when you asked where I'm from. I live by Kankakee Ill. This is about 1 hour s.w. of Chicago. I am about 3/4 mile from the Kankakee river bottom, and state park.

I live in a good area, but our deer population seems to be very low. I have noticed this for about the last 3 years. We also have a couple new houses in the area, and 5 or 6 new hunters on the nieghbors. Makes it very tough.

Might just pack it in and wait for coyotes

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.