North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2,760 Posts
There's actually stuff out there that is considered a supplement called Rehydrate. I'm not sure if I totally buy the fact that it's meant to provide more electrolytes for the dog but I believe it makes water more appealing. Give it a shot. It's a dissolving tablet that you drop in a water bottle or in their water bowl.

· Registered
634 Posts
We have are dog eat a larger than normal meal the night before. Not eating the day of/during the hunt won't really affect their performance. However, you should keep your dog hydrated. We have a squeeze bottle, and we will generally go into the middle of a field, or field with no cover/plowed, sit her down and present it to her. It took her a while to get it, but they will. Our dog won't even eat steak before/in the car/during the hunt.

· Registered
652 Posts
With the food... during season I buy Pro-Plan in can (wet) and put it on my dogs food. The extra calories and moisture helps rehydrate/re-energize and the taste encourage him to eat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.