North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
19,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think we would be doing more now, but Bush got burned (no pun intended) on the WMD in Iraq. We telegraphed our punch so long in advance that I think any WMD got moved. I would bet money they were there, and I think anything they had is part of the Iranian project now.

Anyway, I don't think Bush will do squat this time because of all the "Bush lied people died" mentality. You know what will happen now? Now those fools who kept saying "Bush lied people died" will have created a political climate that will allow Iran to complete their nuclear bomb. Politicians don't want to touch this with a ten foot pole because of the liberal whining about Iraq.

I hope the people who said "Bush lied people died" will realize they will get people killed. One of two things will happen. Iran will hit Israel with a nuclear bomb, or they will sneak one into the United States. If they hit Israel we will perhaps see WWIII. If they hit the United States they may see a retaliation for a year, then the liberals will complain about our soldiers, about mistreatment in prisons, about disrespecting the Koran, followed with "McCain lied people died". If Obama wins they don't have to worry about any retaliation, because he will go to the United Nations who will do nothing.

Sep 22, 2008 0:05 | Updated Sep 22, 2008 15:53
Military intelligence: Iran halfway to first nuclear bomb
By HERB KEINON
What's this?

Iran is halfway to a nuclear bomb, and Hizbullah, Hamas and Syria are using this period of relative calm to significantly rearm, Brig.-Gen. Yossi Baidatz, the Military Intelligence's head of research, told the cabinet Sunday during a particularly gloomy briefing on the threats facing the country.

Ahmadinejad: We'll stop any attacker

Baidatz said there was a growing gap between Iran's progress on the nuclear front and the West's determination to stop it. "Iran is concentrating on uranium enrichment, and is making progress," he said, noting that they have improved the function of their 4,000 centrifuges.

According to Baidatz, the Iranian centrifuges have so far produced between one-third to one-half of the enriched material needed to build a bomb.

"The time when they will have crossed the nuclear point-of-no-return is fast approaching," he said, though he stopped short of giving a firm deadline. Last week in the Knesset's Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee, however, he put the date at 2011.

Baidatz said that neither the efforts of the International Atomic Energy Agency nor the US and European attempts to get a fourth round of sanctions through the UN Security council were slowing down the Iranian nuclear march.

"The Iranians are pleased that the gap is widening," Baidatz said. "Their confidence is growing with the thought that the international community is not strong enough to stop them," he added.

Baidatz said the Iranians were playing for time, and that time was working in their favor since the longer the process dragged on, the wider the rifts appearing among the countries in the West become. "Iran is in control of the technology and is moving with determination toward a nuclear bomb," he said.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
I don't think we will get a World War going over this again, we have used up a nice portion of the oil over there. It will have less and less value, but we tend to fight for ideals also so anything can happen when it comes to human torture and such.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I'm going to have to call Shenanigans on that article.

It looks like there last ditch effort to crank up the fear machine before November. I feel for all the poor folks that walk around believing all the warmongering about Iran. I wonder if there fear keeps them up at night with worry.

The idiocy of preemptive war will cause the ruin of this nation long before any foe could.

hey buckeye. you ment that Iran would be of less value when they ran out of oil right? not that oil would be of less value? at least thats how I think you ment it and if thats the case, I would agree with you.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Yep Iran is definitely of less value every day... to bad for them!

·
Administrator
19,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wiskodie1 what do you think Iran will do when they get the bomb? Do you think they will simply use it to blackmail us into billions in foreign aid?

Ahmadinejad has said he would wipe Israel from the face of the earth. How do you think he will do that? What do you think Israel will do when Iran has the bomb, or shortly before they acquire it? Will you think it is Israels fault or Iran's fault when war breaks out? What would you think if Russia said they were going to wipe us from the face of the earth and then put missiles in Cuba and Mexico? Just precautions right?

Wiskodie1 it appears you have your head in the sand. This is where hope isn't worth much. Ahmadinejad don't care how much you hope. It's attitudes like yours that cause nations to be caught off guard. If we get leaders with the same cavalier toughts and no plan of action we are over with.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
I think terror is their tactic, they love scaring the crap out of each other. They have nothing else to wake up for that I have seen. Iran's nuclear program is in preparation for when their oil runs out, we better let them do it. All things nuclear are not bombs.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I found this from a while ago.

The president of Iran again lashed out at Israel and said it was "heading toward annihilation," just days after Tehran raised fears about its nuclear activities by saying it successfully enriched uranium for the first time.

"Like it or not, the Zionist regime is heading toward annihilation," [Iranian president Mahmoud] Ahmadinejad said at the opening of a conference in support of the Palestinians. "The Zionist regime is a rotten, dried tree that will be eliminated by one storm."

Ahmadinejad provoked a world outcry when he said Israel should be "wiped off the map."

But Barack wants to sit down and have tea with Ahmadinejad. After all he seems like a reasonable, stand up, kind of guy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.