North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Quack, I live in Missouri and I have three duck bands, 2 mallard and one green wing teal. It took me about 10yrs of duck hunting to get my first band. As far as goose bands go...I have about 15-20... All of the guys I hunt with have about double that because I take a lot of time off of duck hunting to rifle and archery hunt for deer. Anyway, I hunted geese for about 5yrs before I got my first goose band.

The kicker is I got my first banded DOVE this year!!! That was kind of cool but I don't know where I'll keep such a tiny little band. lol

Charlie

·
Registered
12 Posts
Qwack, I saw your name and thought you might be from the cafe and then when I looked at your profile and saw you were from ND I figured it must be a different quack. Do you ever hit any of the other websites? I hang out on: conservationcafe.com and worldwidewaterfowlers.com. I still miss the cafe but the new cafe (conservationcafe.com) isn't bad. I check in on this site all the time but it doesn't seem to get as many hits .and people don't seem to respond to me very often...probably 'casue I'm a non-res but I'm not really sure.

Anyway, I shot most of my bands around Smithville. Our group kills a lot of bands there every year. I am behind most of the other guys because waterfowl is ALL they hunt. So while I'm out bird hunting or deer hunting, they are still killing a bunch of geese. I have 15 or 20 but some of the guys have close to 40 and 50. :eek: Anyway, do you ever make it back to MO? Seems like you were from the Chilli area if I remember correctly. I thought I met you down at the Pass once or twice. Are you going to school up there?

Oh and I almost forgot. The dove came from Reed and was banded there too.

Charlie

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.