North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,198 Posts
Start with the Hi Mountain jerky seasonings and brine. Can be found in most sports stores. You can even do this stuff in the oven if you don't have a smoker. Good place to start for the novice jerky maker.

I agree, I can't think of a better way to use goose meat...I like goose jerky a lot.

· Registered
437 Posts
drjongy said:
Start with the Hi Mountain jerky seasonings and brine. Can be found in most sports stores. You can even do this stuff in the oven if you don't have a smoker. Good place to start for the novice jerky maker.

I agree, I can't think of a better way to use goose meat...I like goose jerky a lot.
Yup!!! this IMO is the best way to make geese! It's all I've ever don and all I'll ever do with them. For some reason I think it's the best tasting jerky a person can make. But the hi mountain jerky mix is great, I always get the mesquite flavoring with it and it's really easy to do, just kind of time consuming in some cases. Thats why I usually make a really big batch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.