North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some shots of the pit we have been using for the last week. I decided to use the Flutterwing goose today to make sure and have the geese land directly in from of us so all the guys would get good shots without any muzzle blasts. It worked out good and you can tell by the smiles that a good time was had by all. Paul

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Actually I have 10 of these pits. I have another one in that wheat stubble field and if the geese get wise to the location of one pit, we simply move to the other one. I have modified these over the years to take advantage of the things that the geese don't like to go near. Such as square lids and protrusions above ground. Now, don't get me wrong, I have hunted plenty of geese out of our Maximus blinds which stand 4 feet high and 13 feet long. But nothing beats a good inground blind when the geese get a little owly. Paul

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
those are permanent pits that we leave in all year. We put a pvc pipe in each corner when the field is farmed. They are made out of treated 2x4s and plywood. The tops are also plywood so we can staple things to the tops. When the crop is planted, we reinforce the tops with verticle boards and then we can run the out side of the grain drill over them. The grain drill is 28 ft. wide. When I chopped around the pit. I actually backed the chopper right over the pit as the wheels are 10 feet apart on the copper. Paul

1 - 20 of 20 Posts