North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner

Hobart is almost ready.

7K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Miller 
#1 ·
Drove by Hobart Dec 1. People fishing the south side of #1. Ice was about 4" thick. The Barnes County Wildlife Federation marked the access on the west side with parking signs and graveled the access to the lake. Don't park beyond the signs because last year the farmers pasture was tore up and a lot of junk was left there. Keep it clean!

#5 ·
Fished Hobart last year and caught good numbers and some jumbos. They seemed to be in pods of year classes. If you found bigger fish they seem to stay together. or start to bite at the same time as well as shut down. Any way, a few buddies went out mon. and caled me from the lake. they reported they could see bottom in over 12 feet of water. last year i couldnt see the bottom of the hole. They reported good ice 4". They didnt mark or catch a fish. This seems pretty odd considering last years success, and the fact they havent had summer preasure. The only conclusion I can draw is that with the thin ice and clear water the fish might be spooking away from the holes.

Anyone have any ideas?

#6 ·
Do you know which part of the lake they were fishin?My brother fished it TUes. and caught quite a few, but size is still an issue again this year according to him.There's a lot of lakes in that area that will be better this year so Im expecting a lot of that pressure to decrease on hobart.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.