North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner

Hobart is almost ready.

7K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Miller 
Fished Hobart last year and caught good numbers and some jumbos. They seemed to be in pods of year classes. If you found bigger fish they seem to stay together. or start to bite at the same time as well as shut down. Any way, a few buddies went out mon. and caled me from the lake. they reported they could see bottom in over 12 feet of water. last year i couldnt see the bottom of the hole. They reported good ice 4". They didnt mark or catch a fish. This seems pretty odd considering last years success, and the fact they havent had summer preasure. The only conclusion I can draw is that with the thin ice and clear water the fish might be spooking away from the holes.

Anyone have any ideas?

they were fishing north of I94. Was the water clear, and was there snow on the ice now. You are the first person I have talked to that has caught fish on that lake this year. let me know what you were doing if you would.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.