North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey calling all Non-residents, why in the heck do we come here. I know I use the internet to get info, share ideas, and get feedback while on a trip.
I hunt in most midwestern states and several Canadian provinces, I have always found land access, friendly people and am yet to have any real problems.
Seems I pick up, visit with the farmers, send a Christmas card as a thank you, and will always offer birds (usually declined), shut fences and what not.
The people on this site are the minority of the great state of ND, look at the user base of this forum, compared to others in ND, MN, and many other states.
It is the minority that comes here, the minority who gives out of staters a bad name, and the minority who like to pick on us NR.......Now, I don't mind a good debate, but the more traffic Non Residents give this site, the better the site does. There are other sites that will openly give you info about hunting in ND, MN, MT, Ontario, Sask., WI, etc.....go there....
quit arguing here, and ignore the people who are constantly bashing us. Let them fight among their resident selfs.....This is crazy, I can't believe I am even posting, but man.....lets use our heads....get off this site, let it die down and let them complain about non residents...I have enough stress in my life without some idiots who only hunt near home, telling me I am not welcome....well, if we aren't welcome in the state, quit giving your support to this website by giving them page views, etc. Go to a site where people are friendlly.....I am done

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hopefully you leave, and leave soon. I myself have found this site very useful for info and guess what? I'm a NR just like you. You sound like a little kid complaining that Johnny next store won't play with you. It is NR's like you that are starting all this so called "contraversy" over NR vs. Res. SHUT IT! If you actually had a real question, guess what? You would probably get a real answer. A couple of weeks ago I had a post on what would be good area outside of DL to get away from the pressure. I never got a response. I didn't expect one either after thinking about it. Who in there right mind is going to tell me where they hunt where there is little pressure?? Do you really think that people in Nodak are going to treat you like sh*t because you are a NR. Bullsh*t!!!!!!!! Grow up!

Here's to Nodak Outdoors :beer:
Here's to you :puke: and here's to your followers :withstupid:

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
I don't think anyone here is trying to alienate you because you're a NR and I think it's too bad you feel that way. Yes, there has been some friendly joking about some NR's who obviously don't have a clue what they're doing...but it was never intended to come accross as labeling ALL NR's that way. I actually thought the NR's who know what they're doing (which is the vast majority of them) would get a kick out of it as well. Some did, and obviously some didn't. I'd equate it to other border battles, I.E if you're from MN then the razzing they give out to guys from WI or IA, and vice versa. Or if you're from WI, then you know all about FIBs. :D I just think it's been taken way to personally, it was never meant to be vindicitve.

I still can't comprehend how some of you guys think you're going to be terrorized while you're here or something. I've met a lot of the guys on this site and I have yet to meet one who wouldn't sit down over a beer with any hunter, res or nr, and have a good time shooting the ****. Most likely even offer them some tips. If you feel this way then I think you definitely don't understand what the debate has been over and what the concerns are of the people who feel there needs to be regulations put in place.

SHOOTINGGREENHEADS,

How's the honker hunting been this year in Lakeville? Being from Apple Valley I have some old stomping grounds out there I might have to give a whirl while I'm back for Thanksgiving.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
~HUNTERFISHER~ That was a great first post for you. The first thing you put on here is stuff bashing this site! Really come on man? Evidentially you don't spend enough time here! Stop stereotyping. Read some other forums....Grow up!!!!

This site has helped hundreds of NR hunters!

Mav.....

·
Super Moderator
8,488 Posts
Hunter...I'm guessing you made that post and now won't return...But if you do...go to other National sites like refuge forums or southern duck hunter.The same ND guys are there as here.Ask a quesion about hunting in ND.You will get lots of help.In fact most NR hunters that ask say they can't believe how much help we are compared to asking others for info somewhere else without giving out our "honeyholes"
You obviously are going to complain no matter what anyone here says.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts