North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner

Help frustrated

4K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  tylor6 
#1 ·
So there is a local lake near by my house that is not lage but not small. once a week it is stocked with couple hundred pounds of trout. i have goneo several times to this lake and have come home with nothing. i have tried everthing. spoons rubber worms night crawlers spinners even resorted to power bait and nothing. everyone arougn me catching somthing and i will try the same thing as them and get absoulutly nothing. does anyone have any suggeestions on what to try, or any teqnique to try with the worms or spoons.
thanks in advance :)

#5 ·
With a spoon you just cast it out and reel it in steady. Depending on the depth you may want to let it sink down a bit before starting your retrieve. You can try different speeds in your retrieve until you get a hit. When using a tube jig use one as small as possible, usually the ones used for crappie fishing. Rig a bobber up so the jig will be 6-8 feet deep, you can experiment with the depth until you start getting bites. You can just cast it out and leave it sit or just give it a couple twitches every once in a while to move the jig.

#7 ·
Hey man I know what your talking about
I used to go to the fishing hole and come away emptyhanded too

Try using powerbait eggs you can get them at walmart
They come in a lime greenish color and white also
I just use the white eggs and they work great
Put a snelled hook (size 6) a weight at the end of the line on the snell and put on 3 or 4 eggs
You'll have to break them off they come in a long string

Let Me know if it works
Best of Luck To you!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.