North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
My friends and I will be hunting the Pettibone area this year. This is a switch for us as we usually hunt SW of Langdon. We have some land to hunt there but our lodging fell through due to some plumbing disaster at the farmhouse we had rented.

We found a nice place to stay in Streeter but would like to know a little bit about the drive from Streeter to Pettibone.

We would also like to know about the conditions in the Pettibone area.

I am from ND (Langdon, Valley City, and Fargo) but am hunting as an NR this year. We (our group of 3-4 guys) would like to make some new friends in this new area. We will be hunting Oct 11-15 and would really like to share some beer with some new folks and to learn more about this area.

Last year we hunted too far north, too late in the year so we are really hoping for a good hunt.

I think this forum is great, I think ND is great and I hope for your advice and responses.

:beer:

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
I know you'll need to get out of the Streeter area if you'll want better land access. I think it's around an hour to the north to Pettibone. Pretty dry around there, be prepared to do some heavy miles scouting. Considering you used to live in the vacinity, you shouldn't have a problem finding some holes.

Good luck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info Chris. We have a little bit of land reserved for us, we just hope that there are some ducks and geese in the area. Scouting can be half the fun for us. We will try to get to know the area.

Where within zone one should we need to focus if our land turns out to be unfruitful? Of course I am not asking for specifics, just a game plan.

Thanks again for your help and have a great season.

Jason

1 - 3 of 3 Posts