North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some advise from this panel. I have a 6X12 enclosed trailer that I use and am wondering what anyone uses for a heat source. Many probably use nothing. I mainly field hunt but always bring waders for slough hunting. Heat would be nice to dry out wet coats and gloves, frozen decoys, and keep the dog warm instead of hauling everything into the hotel. I am not sure I like the idea of propane and an ice-shack type heater due to risk of fire and fumes even though the trailer is vented. An extension cord could easily be ran to the trailer for power for an electric heater.

What type of heaters has anybody had good luck with? Thanks.

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
If you have access to electricity, an electric heater would be the best solution for drying stuff out. Propane (infrared style)heaters can cause alot of condensation

A vented propane heater like those that are used in fishhouses (not the sunflower style) would probably be the safest, but they are spendy and would require permanent installation

Either way I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving it unattended, let alone with my dog inside.. Sounds like an accident waiting to happen.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.