North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering, for the guys that hunt over big full body spreads, what you do to haul these spreads around? I know I can buy an enclosed trailer for $$$$, but I was wondering if someone out there had some innovative ideas.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Cooter,
I don't have the "bling bling" to purchase an enclosed trailor either. So what i did was buy an old pickup box trailor and put a topper on it. IT works really well for what it is used for and only paid 150 for it. The only complaint i have is that there are windows on the topper that can be broken out, i try to cover them with a tarp so that no one knows what is in their. Suppose a guy could spraypaint the windows too. They have locks but those are just for keeping honest people honest i guess. I can get 6 dozen bigfoots in there and not one more.

There was a pickup box trailor for sale in the forum last sunday might want to check into it.
Hope that helped. Good luck to ya.

lee

·
Registered
552 Posts
enclosed trailers are the only way to go- might be a lot of money now but it will last for years and years. I have a 7x16 with a 6 foot inside height. If I pack them right I can get 27 dozen bigfoots in their with the heads and feet on

·
Registered
11 Posts
Spend the money to get a good trailer. I speak from experience especially if you travel alot in or out of state. If you spend the money get the diamond plating on the front and stainless steel fenders. Gravel is awful hard on the paint. I would also recommend a torsion axel if you hunt chisel fields to save on the ware and tare of a spring axel. I made the leap last year and have not regretted it. Paid 2200.00 brand new and it has many other uses. 6x10 and fits 6 dozen big foots and I don't have to fold up my layout blinds. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts