North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WOW, now I remember why I love the early Canada season. I took my 16 year old cousin to be out hunting on Monday and it was a total and utter massacre, the decoys were even splattered with blood. We got our ten canucks in just minutes over an hour. Ever flock that we shot at except for our final goose had their feet out ready to land when the steel hit them. We were done by 8:00.
Let me know how your opener went.

cootkiller

·
Premium Member
6,676 Posts
A "total and utter massacre" blood splattered decoys? Listen I understand the thrill of the hunt but raving about massacres and blood does nothing but harm the image of all hunters. I think we should all be concerned about our image because it has been proven that there is a large segment of the voting population that is neutral about hunting issues. We should represent ourselves in a manner that at the very least keeps them that way. I'm not preaching I've made statements like these myself during the excitement of the hunt or reliving it with my friends it just sure looks bad in writing!

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey bobby,
I don't know how you guys do it down in Georgia but up here when we hunt we actually KILL the animal and when you KILL something there is going to be blood. There is no way I am going to apologize for what I said or how I said it, I am proud of the hunting heritage we have here in ND and will relish in it whether it be in writing or picture or in just plain conversation.

And honestly, the decoys literally had blood splattered on them, no lie.

cootkiller

·
Registered
545 Posts
Holy Goosecrap Batman, Cootkiller is getting defended :eek:

I did not see anything wrong with Cootkillers post either. Good Job, CK :beer:

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Can't believe it but I have to agree with Bobm. Just a little overly discriptive. Remember....we're supposed to be harvesting an over abundance of a resource. If you want to refer to nature and the privilege to be able to hunt in it as "hammertime in the killing fields", I guess that's your perogative but I'd hope you might tone it down a little.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm on the BobM side, there's no doubt that the statements by coot show a lack respect for the game being pursued.

·
Premium Member
6,676 Posts
Hey cooty,
"Hammer time in the killing fields" give me a break. Sounds like a title for a Rambo movie? I actually like the Bobby though, reminds me of me grandmother. All kidding aside I didn't ask for an apology, and don't think you should. I just thought you might want to give it a little more consideration before you word something like that. It just sounds extreme and like it or not there are forces at work in this nation that would use statements like that against all hunters in their fund raising efforts. Forces I'm certian you would not like to help. No harm meant. We kill down here to. We harvest beans.

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
All that cootkiller is, is a blowheart his way is always better, a couple of buddy's and I where talking about this same thread this afternoon and how rediculous it was. GET real COOT :puke:
Just go and shoot some more "Quality " coots!!

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Hey Cootkiller, I'm with you on this one! If people don't like reading it then they have the right not to read it. It doesn't sound rude or unethical it sounds like you had them in your face. Feet down style. A good goose hunter would know what you mean by the term.

GB3 you have the same saying in your quote on the bottom!!Last phrase Start flaggin boys!!!............. Cluck,Cluck, Cluck...Honk, Honk.... Here they come right down the middle............Double cluck.... Honk, Honk..... Moan, Moan..... Laydown call......... HAMMER TIME BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!
You confused me there?

and from the way it sounds? Bobmreally wouldn't last long in a ND field, because we do things a little different. We don't sky bust! We let them commit to our fields then lay the hammer down.Don't critique people unless they are critiqing you! Or as they say! Don't read the book, if you don't like the title! Oh yah by the way the RAMBO movie you were talking about, probably made more$ the first year it was out than half the people on this site put togethor! So maybe that was a compliment?

Maverick.....
CK good luck next weekend!

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
I dont put " Hammer time in the killing fields" .Christ sake,. you and Chris have changed, why stick up for cootkiller???
Coot you in the Greenskins, cause I wanna see for myself if you can talk as big as you think you can????
I CANT WAIT!!!

·
Premium Member
6,676 Posts
Maverick actually I would love to try it, I don't fault the activity or CT for doing it. You don't see any sporting magazines using terms like massacre and there is a good reason for it and I know all of us understand the reasoning so I wont BLAH blah about it. It just sounded like Attila the Hun, and no Maverick Attila wasn't a little grey bird. And where did the skybusting comment come from??? skybusting is probably the only dumb thing I haven't done. I do think we should reguard the animals we kill with reverence and respect. Maybe I've just gotten older and dealing with my own mortality makes me realize all life needs to be held with respect. I've killed a ton of animals in my life and I found it exciting to do so, but I've never killed one and not felt a pang of regret and sympathy for them. If I ever stop feel compassion for them I will quit hunting. I really didn't want to make this an issue with CT and if I had to do it over I would of emailed him directly. God knows I've said (and done)a lot of stupid things. CT please don't take it personally, it wasn't meant that way.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I've killed a ton of animals in my life and I found it exciting to do so, but I've never killed one and not felt a pang of regret and sympathy for them.
That is an excellent point Bob! I am constantly amazed at this fundamental disconnect with hunting in today's society. Since I never got to hunt with my grand father, I can only imagine at how people of his generation would react to this lack of sentiment and true disrespect for the resource. I know my father would roll over in his grave if I ever treated the taking of an animal's life as a bragging right. Let's state a fact, there is not a single person on this board that hunts for subsistence, so to see people bragging about killing is why the future of this sport is doomed. The anti's eat this stuff up, and for good reason.

·
Premium Member
6,676 Posts
See what I mean about dumb mistakes I used CT in my last post as the initails for coot killer. Told you guys I'm getting old.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
To most of you, in the words of Bartleys and James Wine Coolers "Thank you for your support"

For the rest of you, come on. You need to quit taking yourselves so seriously.
I am not going to apologize to mental midgets like tsodak because I have a passion for theoutdoors and get really jacked up about it. Yeah maybe sometimes I am a little extreme but that is just that same passion coming out.
This forum is for us as sportsmen to share this passion, not belittle each other at every turn.

I used the terminology I used because that is the words used in the field by us as hunters.

I pose this question to some of you who find it so easy and fun to blast me at every turn.

I have gotten to hunt one day so far because of school and that day was the opener. I could have gone out with a bunch of buddies and shot 30 or 40 birds. Instead I chose to bring just one youngster and show him the beauty of a day in the field with quality hunting. How many of you can say the same thing, how about you tsodak, how about you GB3?

That's what I thought.

cootkiller

·
Registered
23 Posts
Coot,

Is the passion you feel for the outdoors highest right when the birds are hovering over the decoys? Or is it when when you have the smoke in the air and the blood on the decoys?

It is the _anticipation_ that gets me fired up. Like Bobm said, the death of the animal leaves me with a bit of remorse that I chose to take that life to further sustain my own.

Maybe you are at a point in your life where you haven't had to explain your point of view to a person that didn't agree with you. Word choice becomes very important.

Tim

·
Registered
5,113 Posts
Anyone ever get the feeling your running in circles????

1 - 20 of 50 Posts