North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What’s in the bipartisan US gun control proposal? And what isn’t? (msn.com)

This is a good read... and highlights some of the stuff in the bill that is in committee.

Like talked about before about "red flag" laws... is it is a slippery slope and can be abused by ANYONE. Like plainsman mentioned in another thread.... What if someone thought that if you vote liberal you are a "red flag" and could go and hurt someone. Or take away liberal and say conservative. But this article says that there will be no national "red flag" laws but they say that the "states" should look into them or are urged to do so. The only thing I see this reasoning is because then whom ever is in office can put pressure on states or "not give funding" to states that dont want to pass them.... or the possible reverse is if they are too "strict" they can use "funding" as a pressure to do what they want.

They talk about the "boyfriend" loop hole. Which all it has to deal with is domestic abuse and making it harder to get a gun. Before a "boyfriend" was excluded because the law was either a spouse or you had to have a child with said person. So a boyfriend was "excluded".

Then it talks about "straw" buyers. Which there are laws on the books right now about this and how it is illegal!!!! But they are talking about "penalties". So again shows you laws on books that just need to be enforced... or our legal system just needs to be tougher on them and rain down harsh punishments.

Then another one they are talking about is the 18-21 year old gap something or other. Now i didn't really understand what exactly they will do. But I think it is either a harder background check or possible waiting period type thing.

Anyways.... this is just some facts about the possible bill coming. It was a good article to read.

·
Administrator
19,851 Posts
It frustrates me that the liberals woukd lower the age of voting to 16 years old. Voting is extremely important and they shoukd not be so flippant about it. It's hypocritical to lower the standards that guards our freedom while at the same time restricting the freedom by raising the age to purchase a firearm. Perhaps the age to vote. purchase a firearm. drive a vehicle, be drafted for war shoukd all be the same.

·
Registered
7,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Perhaps the age to vote. purchase a firearm. drive a vehicle, be drafted for war shoukd all be the same.
Exactly what I keep bring up to people. Then they really dont have an answer to this.

Some States now have "temporary" type driver licenses for kids until they turn 18. They have restrictions on them such as number of non family members in vehicles, time of day they can drive, etc. But if someone is responsible enough to drive a car why can't you think they are responsible enough to handle a firearm???

The same goes with the responsibility to VOTE is at 18.... so then you deem them not responsible enough to own a firearm? Voting can change a country!!! But yeah they are not responsible enough to own a gun but are responsible enough to change the country via voting.

It is honestly things to bring up to others when discussing all of this.

·
Registered
7,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
AOC Suggests Checking Juvenile Criminal Records To Be Able To Buy A Gun Could Be Racist | The Daily Wire

Now take it with a grain of salt because it is from the Daily Wire. But in it they talk about how AOC says looking into past juvie records COULD BE RACIST. Do they never stop with the "racism" bull crap!!! We know that many of the mass shooters of these schools and other places have had past issues with police, schools, etc. They have had "records" or possible mental health issues. So why shouldn't they be allowed to LOOK INTO THAT if they want to stop school shootings. YET AOC is saying... it could be "racist". Then she goes off talking about "white supremecy" is the reason for some of the mental health issues. WHAT??????

This just shows you that people got together and actually found a possible helping solution...ie: the deeper checks into 18-21 year olds background check type thing. BUT NOW IT IS RACIST to do so and AOC and I am sure others will baulk at this idea. That should tell you right there that they dont want any middle ground solutions other than straight BANNING of Firearms. They have been screaming BACK GROUND CHECKS, BACK GROUND CHECKS, BACK GROUND CHECKS..... and now when a solution is brought up... Oh it could be racist. People yeah... these are our elected leaders.

·
Administrator
19,851 Posts
I dont remember who was speaking on Newsmax last night, but he thinks Biden will be asked to step down. He said the democrats know people hate Harris, and Berny is to old, and we may see AOC running as president.
We hear the left speak of radicalized Americans, while the whole democrat party has been radicalized.

·
Registered
7,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is sad about how the state of our political spectrum has been the past 16+ years. This goes for right and left and the ideology of them. Both have swung to extremes to certain extents. But again... I blame the media for "giving them camera time".

Anyways....

Plainsman..... I just saw this and thought you might like it.

Facial expression Gesture Font News Screenshot

·
Administrator
19,851 Posts
Ya I do like it. What the godless left can not phathom is that although you meme is exactly correct he knew what was going to happen, and did it voluntarily for all of us. I guess it's beyond my understanding too, but that's why we call it faith. Faith even though secular history confirms much of it. I guess if you believe George Washington existed it doesn't take much of a leap to believe in Jesus. The greatest path to hell today is the deception of the LIBERAL churches. Man you coukd get me going for weeks on this. 😁

·
Registered
7,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You are spot on. Faith or lack of it is why I think we are seeing what we are seeing today in our country. To be honest I am seeing more and more of it in my daily life if you happen to turn off the TV. TV and media make you think differently.

·
Administrator
19,851 Posts
A little off topic, but in one of our threads Canuck mentioned the house committee investigation into Jan 6. The interesting thing is Pelosi is ruling with an iron tyrannical fist. The only Republicans allowed on the panel have this test: did they vote to impeach Trump. This by any stretch of the immagination is not an investigation its story time for the naive.

·
Registered
7,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Correct about the Jan 6th stuff. She kicked off anyone who "supported" Trump. If this was truly "partisan" as they say it is.... Why isn't it a 5/4 split of Dem/Rep. It was never meant to be "fair" or impartial. PLUS... Schiff is on it the first IMPEACHMENT MANAGER..... He shouldn't be at all. He was proven to make up things in the whole IMPEACHMENT stuff. Yeah... He lied and leaked stuff. So how can he be "impartial" on this??? Raskin was the second IMPEACHMENT MANAGER.... so how is this "impartial"... he was the lead to impeach Trump.

I have no problem with them making a committee to investigate this whole situation. BUT DONT LIE to us saying it is impartial when it isn't at all. This is all they can do to try and get Trump thrown off the ballot come 2024. That is exactly what this is about. Lets not fool anyone.

·
Registered
7,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Back to gun control.

There were 2 policemen shot and killed in CA the other day. Here is a snippet from one of the articles

2 California officers shot, killed in the line of duty while responding to reports of a stabbing (wdbj7.com)

In March 2020, Flores was arrested and charged with being a felon in possession of a firearm and for possession of narcotics for personal use. He pleaded guilty last year to being a felon in possession of a firearm, a felony charge that could have sent him back to prison for three years.

Instead he was sentenced to two years of probation and 20 days in jail and LA County District Attorney George Gascón, who is facing a recall effort for his progressive policies, is facing criticism for Flores’ plea deal.

“The sentence he received in the firearm case was consistent with case resolutions for this type of offense given his criminal history and the nature of the offense,” the DA’s office said in a statement Wednesday. “At the time the court sentenced him, Mr. Flores did not have a documented history of violence.”
BUT THE LAW IS ON THE BOOKS.... give harder punishments might save gun violence lives. Shows you that laws are there to keep stuff from happening.... yet courts are not doing their jobs by handing down the punishments.

Also more digging is this guy had a prior back in the early 2000's. Yeah I know it awhile go. But it shows he had priors. Plus his probation officer requested a new hearing for him for June 27th. Also this guy stabbed his GF a day before.

But I guess the thinking is "MORE LAWS" would help this. Maybe just enforce or hand out the punishment for the ones we have on books.

Like I have mentioned before.... most people who enjoy hunting or fishing know that wildlife crimes hardly get punished at all and the judges dont send down harsh enough punishments. Now they are doing it on real crime.

A little off topic.... but I just read an article about Oregon. They were the first state (maybe only) to have decriminalized carrying a certain amount of harsh drugs (Cocaine, Meth, Herion, Fentyla, etc). It basically made it a "traffic ticket" type of fine. Which would be waived if you called a hotline.

Below is the article showing how that has gone....

Oregon botched drug treatment plan tied to decriminalization (msn.com)

“Director, you’ve mentioned a couple of times that you’re waiting to see, and yet we have overdoses increasing at drastic rates, in my community a 700% increase in overdoses and a 120% increase in deaths," Morgan told Allen. "How long do we wait before we have an impact that we’re saving lives?”
OR: Oregon's drug decriminalization effort a 'tragedy' - NADDI - National Association of Drug Diversion Investigators

Sixteen months into this first-in-the-nation experiment, the numbers paint a bleak picture. Drug overdose deaths hit an all-time high in 2021 with 1069, a 41% increase from 2020. And very few people are getting into treatment. According to The Lund Report, after one year, just 136 people had entered treatment, less than 1% of those helped by Measure 110. But the actual number may be even lower.
The Oregon Judicial Department reports that, through the end of May, police throughout the state had written 2,576 tickets for drug possession since Measure 110 was enacted. Seventy-five percent of the tickets resulted in convictions, the vast majority because the offender never showed up in court.

Dwight Holton, CEO of Lines for Life, tells Fox News only 116 people have called the help hotline. Sixty-six of those callers just wanted verification of the assessment, so they could void the ticket, Holton said. Twenty-six, he says, were already in services of some kind and didn’t want any more.

“About 20% — 24 people — were not previously involved in (addiction) services and wanted resources, so we connected them to relevant services,” Holton says.
So maybe being soft on things isn't the way to go.

·
Registered
7,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
OK... so here we go. Look at this article I am posting. They did a DRUG RAID on a campground area in Mobile AL... They found 7 guns and a STOLEN GUN... But.....Look at the CHARGES... not one gun possession charge!!!! IF they have those drugs and a gun is present there is supposed to be felony gun charges.

Here is the article...

14 arrested as Mobile police target Campground community in anti-drug crackdown (msn.com)

There here is some reference about the law....

What Happens If You Get Caught with Drugs and a Gun? | LegalMatch

So why not have the gun charges too???

Because now these people might plea down the drug stuff.... So there will be no FELONIES on the record and can go get a gun. REALLY!!! Laws are on the books to prevent criminals from having guns and the background system is there to help with this... BUT IF COURTS DONT DO THEIR JOB... the other things in place wont work.

·
Registered
7,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Plainsman.... Here is a couple pictures going around on twitter with respects to "red flag" laws.... and is why I am kind of against them. Like I have said before... they could be good things... but could be used by bad people.

Product Font Line Parallel Illustration

Product Font Electric blue Poster Advertising

Now just think about this. We are a hunting website or outdoor website. Lets say some PETA person just goes and does this to anyone who posts hunting photos? Just things to think about.

I also know that this is extreme situations but it could tie up people and courts over frivolous things. OR look how people call anyone who voted for Trump a "racist".... they go and say... Look his social media is full of MAGA and guns... He is a threat to me because I am a minority and anti 2A. Yeah it could go down that way..... Or lets reverse that.... Someone sees on social media that an ANTIFA or BLM supporter has a picture of a gun on social media and then posts some Communist stuff.... OH NO... red flag. Even though they are not saying any threats or stuff like that. It goes to the court and it ties up the court to deal with this nonsense. Just things to think about.

·
Registered
7,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
‘We can’t stand for that’: Yazoo City police seizing weapons found on teens (msn.com)

READ THIS..... it is amazing what can be done if they use the laws on the books.

The only way a "minor" can have possession of a gun without a parent/guardian/supervision of an adult is if in the act of HUNTING... in most states. With that they have to have a fire arm safety card on top of a license (depending on age and state) or else they can't do these things as well. Again... this city is doing the right thing. IMHO.

Edit: If you read they will check to see if the gun was used in a crime. Then it will be up to the investigator to determine if the gun is given back to the parent. Some might say this is confiscation or what ever. BUT THE GUN IS BEING USED OR POCESSED IN AN ILEGAL MATTER. Just like if you poach or break a game law... you might not be getting your gun back. Same goes for if it was used to break a game law... you might not be getting it back.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts