North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see he is back playing tonight. I would like to see him do okay but he might be plagued his whole career with injuries. He looks pretty slow next to the other guys.

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
Who is the dude that Portland drafted first several years ago, a big man that had an injury plagued career????? I cannot for the life of me remember his name, but the guy that got drafted after him I remember, I think it was something like MICHAEL JORDAN!!!!!!! Hopefully this draft isn't as big a gaffe as that one was. I doubt it could be!!

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Greg Oden will be one of the best centers in the game in a couple years if he can stay healthy. Although he'll get better he might never be a dominating offensive force, but that guy has the build, athletecism and hops to be a terror defensively and on the glass. there's more than one way to control a basketball game.

Even thought the guy looks 40 he's still to young to sit in the bar and have a drink. give him a couple years and we'll see.

I'm more worried about the gaff my wolves made. Letting oj mayo go for kevin love and mike miller. that trade scares the crap out of me, but i'm willing to let it play out and see what happens. Hopefully i'll be proved wrong.

By the way, I believe the rockets took hakeem #1, trailblazers took sam bowie#2 and the bulls settled for MJ at the 3rd pick.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
1984 Draft...

1. Akeem Olajuwon Houston Houston
2. Sam Bowie Kentucky Portland
3. Michael Jordan North Carolina Chicago
4. Sam Perkins North Carolina Dallas
5. Charles Barkley Auburn Philadelphia
6. Melvin Turpin Kentucky Cleveland (*)
7. Alvin Robertson Arkansas San Antonio
8. Lancaster Gordon Louisville LA Clippers