North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I was just curious about something about the Greenskins Classic. I learned that most of you in the Greenskins Classic are from Fargo or the southern part of the state. So my question is why are you guys going all the way up to Lakota to have it?? Is it really that bad down in the southern half or is there another reason??

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
Well since I picked the location I guess I can give my reasons.

1) I had the privelage to be introducted to duck hunting there by my friends when we were kids (some of them in the tourney). We've always respected the area and it's hunting. 2 of the teams are local, so they know it as well as anyone.

2) It is dry down here in the south, and the birds are so concentrated it would have to really spread the field.

3) I love the Sunlac. Stayed there maybe 40 times, and it has everything in the facility that we need.

After the heavy rains of '93, the area was covered with potholes. It was rare to hear another gun shot....spoiled kids. :) It's a heavily hunted area these days, but I'll take the chance to hunt it when I can. Here's a pic of '94 (...I still wear that coat today...good luck charm). Late afternoon, 35 mph N winds, slight rain and low clouds. We stayed there until dark while the flooded field in front of us filled with ducks for hours. 2 days to go...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts