North Dakota Fishing and Hunting Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Plainsman have you ever seen this statement before?

If this mischievous financial policy [of creating a debt-free currency], which has its origin in the American Republic, shall become permanent, then that government will furnish its own money without cost! It will pay off its debts and be without debt.
It will have all the money necessary to carry on its commerce. It will become prosperous without precedent in the history of the world. The brains and the wealth of all countries will go to America. That government must be destroyed or it will destroy every monarchy on the globe.

- Times of London newspaper, 1865

anyone see this one before?

"Capital must protect itself in every way. Debts must be collected, mortgages foreclosed as rapidly as possible. When through the process of law the common people lose their homes, they will become more docile and more easily governed through the strong arm of government applied by a central power of wealth under leading financiers. People without homes will not quarrel with their leaders. This is well known among our principal men now engaged in forming an imperialism of capitalism to govern the world. By dividing the people we can get them to expend their energies in fighting over questions of no importance to us except as teachers of the common herd. It is thus by discreet action we can secure for ourselves that which has been so well planned and so successfully accomplished." - U.S. Banker's Association Magazine, 1924

"If you don't read the newspaper, you are uninformed; if you do read the newspaper, you are misinformed." - Mark Twain

3...2...1...blast off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

·
Administrator
19,886 Posts
That is scary crap. I think I like Mark Twain.

It fits in with my idea that the politicians don't get it right because they don't want to get it right. Something is wrong when we send good people to Washington and after six months they are not good people anymore. Politicians keep us fighting among ourselves so we don't pay attention to the lousy job they do for us.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.